• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    This FNS 9mm is the only pistol that (is not a compact like my LC9) fits my hand well enough that I don't have to turn it sideways to eject the mag. I need a retention holster for it but I don't like thumb-breaks. I bought the gun from Gunslingers and he had a XDS 45 (I think it was the XDS, I get it mixed up with the XDM) with holster there. It was a Blackhawk holster with the release button on the trigger guard. The FNS fit in there well enough, rattled a bit, but didn't come out when I pulled on it unless I pushed the release. I want to get one but he though the holster for the XDM/S 9mm might work better. I don't want to order one without knowing. Has anyone tried this yet? If anyone has the XD in 9mm with that holster, I would like to try fitting my FNS into it if you wouldn't mind.

I've found a few open-top holsters made for it, but nothing with retention, except one with a thumb-break, but I don't like thumb-breaks so I'm reluctant to get it.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Im not sure about the fns but I use a leather holster fit for a sig 226 when I carry my fnp. It fits well in it.

Take your pistol to gander mountain in castleton and start going through their holsters and find one that fits. Ive done this more than once and have seen other people do it also. Once you find what fits it well then you can either buy it or go home and order it

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    There are murmurs of horror stories about the blackhawk retention holsters, resulting from the location of the button putting your finger in an optimal location to cause an accidental discharge after pushing the button. I have owned one and can see the issue, and choose not to use them anymore.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Im not sure about the fns but I use a leather holster fit for a sig 226 when I carry my fnp. It fits well in it.

Take your pistol to gander mountain in castleton and start going through their holsters and find one that fits. Ive done this more than once and have seen other people do it also. Once you find what fits it well then you can either buy it or go home and order it

I would feel uncomfortable unholstering and handling my firearm in a public place. Maybe if they had the same firearm in the case, you could use that. Have you tried MidwayUSA?
    Or just googling the different holster companies.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Get a holster made for your pistol. I know Blade Tech makes retention holsters for the FNS. They are not cheap, but don't carry your gun in a holster not made for it.

Top Bottom