• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I just want to comment on this new law letting individuals 18 and over being allowed to carry a gun .I think kids will buy guns and carry them , and a whole bunch of kids getting shot.They are going to carry them for flashing them to their friends and you are going to get a bunch of accidental shootings and deaths.The ANTI-GUN group is going to have a FIELD DAY with this.Gives them a I told you so moment , and the PRESS will have a FIELD DAY too. And this with a NO LICENSE REQUIRED and NO TRAINING , I think this might be the end for anybody to carry , BRADY GROUP is probably SMILING as I am writing this.Their thoughts are give them what they want and watch them run themselfs in the ground , but the sad fact is KIDS are going to die I believe.This is what I think is going to happen. I pray it doesnt but I am concerned.JUST MY THOUGHTS

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    I just want to comment on this new law letting individuals 18 and over being allowed to carry a gun .I think kids will buy guns and carry them , and a whole bunch of kids getting shot.They are going to carry them for flashing them to their friends and you are going to get a bunch of accidental shootings and deaths.The ANTI-GUN group is going to have a FIELD DAY with this.Gives them a I told you so moment , and the PRESS will have a FIELD DAY too. And this with a NO LICENSE REQUIRED and NO TRAINING , I think this might be the end for anybody to carry , BRADY GROUP is probably SMILING as I am writing this.Their thoughts are give them what they want and watch them run themselfs in the ground , but the sad fact is KIDS are going to die I believe.This is what I think is going to happen. I pray it doesnt but I am concerned.JUST MY THOUGHTS
    They are dying now daily, not sure this will really change much in my opinion.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I do not know if Brady Group is smiling, but I can assure you BigRed is!!

1ACA9E41-74A6-48CB-BDA3-E0D1553B673A.jpeg

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Not to make light of your fear but, there are currently 21 States with permit-less/no license carry of handguns. Those who opposed such legislation predicted dire consequences, as they do for any bill remotely considered Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution. Observation shows this is not the case, as does data from FBI Uniform Crime Reporting. This is further proved by the fact that no State which has repealed its handgun licensing scheme, has re-instated it because it drove an increase in criminal activity. Put simply: the law-abiding don’t commit crimes. Criminals commit crimes and are undeterred by licensing schemes.

1903 Perfection

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2022
    St Petersburg Florida
    I remember going to the old Putnam County jail with my Dad...who had to sign a document, ( if I remember correctly) so that I could apply for my permit to carry. I believe this was in 1986, and I was not 18 yet. I don't believe there will be any increase in irresponsible gun usage. The press ALWAYS freaks out, and tried to attack good changes in regulation concerning firearms.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    @diver dan Mr. Guy Relford has an Indiana gun law class at Indy Arms in mid March. You may want to sign up to receive an education on the totality of Indiana firearms laws.

Feral humans do not obey the law, and do not care if they have an LTCH. This is all to well demonstrated by the juveniles committing crimes while using a firearm, as well as the number of felons in possession committing criminal acts.

Here is a hint, guns do not commit crimes, humans do. Crime is NOT an inanimate object problem, it is a behavior problem. Lock up the scum and thugs and things will improve.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    IC 35-47-2-3 Application for license to carry handgun; procedure

(g) A license to carry a handgun shall not be issued to any person who:
    (3) is under eighteen (18) years of age;

Feel free to look it up for yourself.
    don't take anyone's word for it.

But I've quoted the relevant Indiana Code.
    There is MUCH more listed there.
    I only copied the age part.

So, the law change, DOES NOT affect WHO can carry a gun.

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    You seem to be freaking out because you don't want to give freedom to people from having to ask permission to exercise a right. The current permit to carry doesn't require training, and is even free (sans fingerprint fees), the only difference is that it will now not take a person months to be able to protect themselves.

if you want to play the pearl clutching game I can do the same, what about the small single mother who just turned 18 and got a handgun and is forced to live in a shady area. Should she be forced to wait months to be able to protect herself while outside or should the criminals, who already carry without a license, be the only ones able to?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Dan, I know you and we've met in person many times. I gotta say I'm surprised that you truly feel this way. It seems you've been listening to same Ole **** the mainstream media and groups like Moms demand action and the Brady group put forth as if they have law abiding gun owners in their best interest.

Seriously read up on Indiana gun laws that have allowed 18 year olds to get a ltch for years.

Please check out some of the links and facts provided to you in above posts!

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ah the ol blood in the streets argument. Every time freedoms that the government took away from the people are given back to the people we hear this.

It never happens. When Illinois got carry recently the same argument was made. Turns out the only blood in the streets is from all the bad guys getting shot by a citizen with a gun.

DataGeek19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    One thing that people overlook…
    FOREVER, individuals who can legally possess a firearm in this state, including eighteen year olds, can carry long guns without the government permission slip (license to carry).

HB 1077 is just correcting current statute to allow those same individuals to carry handguns without seeking government permission.

As someone mentioned previously, it has been done in 21 states and chaos did NOT occur.

Top Bottom