• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    We agree! What ranges have you been going to that have seemed to be poorly ventilated in your area?

The other two ranges I've frequented in my area are Indy Trading Post and Parabellum. Both have good days and bad days for ventilation. I never had that problem when I used to use BGF before they burned down. So far I haven't noticed a problem at Point Blank either.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Not to hijack, but a buddy from church told me they are building a new one in Greenwood. Behind the Walmart on County Line and Emerson.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    Indy Arms' air system is freaking massive. My wife shot there at a Well-Armed Woman range preview event and had nothing but praise for it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I look forward to them opening to the public so I can try out the range. Even though I decided to get a membership at Point Blank, I still like to check out area ranges to see what I think. The location isn't very convenient for me, but I still want to try it out.

Jerico RVS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Albion, IN
    The other two ranges I've frequented in my area are Indy Trading Post and Parabellum. Both have good days and bad days for ventilation. I never had that problem when I used to use BGF before they burned down. So far I haven't noticed a problem at Point Blank either.

Thanks for the quick response! We will look at talking to those ranges about possibly upgrading their ventilation systems. In the mean time, we do recommend you get over to Indy Arms for their grand opening! Great people and a great range coming to the north side of Indy!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thanks for the quick response! We will look at talking to those ranges about possibly upgrading their ventilation systems. In the mean time, we do recommend you get over to Indy Arms for their grand opening! Great people and a great range coming to the north side of Indy!

Not sure I'll make the Grand Opening, as we have a lot planned that weekend, but I'll try.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Rick has told us July 24th. He's arranged for a LOT of vendors/interesting stuff. NRA Wall of Guns will be there. I'll be there for TWAW if there's room for me and I get the time off from work.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    This is very good! It is pretty close for me. The wife of course won't be too happy about it however. Don't get the wrong idea... She doesn't mind my gun hobby, but I'll have to be careful and not spend too much money in there. HaHa

turn n shoot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I haven't been around to update this posting for awhile, due to some health issues, I broke my back. I was at the new range yesterday, and it is looking awesome. The range, and retail area is all done, and inventory was being put in place. Lots of Smiths, Sigs, ARs, . . . . my wallet let out a yell just looking. Ammo bins all full. With lots of display space still to be filled.
    I noticed reading through the thread concerns about ventilation. There is a huge ventilation system installed, and I doubt very much if anyone will be complaining about the amount of ventilation. There is also a cold water washing station right outside the door to the range.
    There are still jobs there to be had. The owner was interviewing while I was there. I think there are Manager, RSO, Sales, Clerk, jobs still available.

As I understand it July 24th is target date for opening. There have been a lot of delays though . . . This is going to be a great range, and I hope to see you there.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I just spent an amazing afternoon at this range. No it isn't open officially but the owner very graciously offered it as a central meeting place to host a friends of the NRA fundraiser kick off event. WOW, the range is very nice with great ventilation. Sound suppression is excellent. The side room to watch shooters from was very quiet and the from the retail room you could barely hear the full auto AK going off in the very next room. Rick the owner supplied guns and ammo to entice folks to come and help with the fundraiser. We got to shoot a Ruger 22 pistol, Sig 226 (Very sweet trigger!), 357 mag revolver, AR pistol, AR, and for those folks participating in helping raise money....several types of machine guns. I had to stick around and talk shop with some folks so I didn't get a chance to shoot the machine guns.

I'll start a thread on the fundraiser and post the few pics I took soon.

Rick seems like a great guy and, reading between the lines from other folks talking, is very active in supporting organizations that further pro-gun efforts.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Owner is looking for staff. He needs people minded people for the sales area and even a part time accountant. Should be able to contact him through their facebook page if you are interested. If you are not on FB I might be able to pass something along. The owner is helping out a Friends of the NRA fundraiser right now that I'm participating in (yes, WHILE trying to get his business up and running!) so I talk to him every once and a while.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I stopped by on the 24th thinking they were open. People were there for interviews but was told it would be a couple more weeks before the opening.

Top Bottom