• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I heard about this awhile back. I was skeptical that it would come to fruition, but it sounds like it did. I hope they can refrain from stupid stuff and not get shut down.

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    Any word on whether they'll be holding any competitions for handgun/rifle? Parabellum slowed their roster way down and I'm looking for a substitute.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well, finally. Over 8 years ago when they were downtown they tried to get me to give them money for the range. Said I would be a "charter" member if I did.

I told them I'd be okay with just paying once I see an actual range. At the time they said something like having an indoor range with at least a 50 yard length.

Over the years I stopped in a couple times and wasn't impressed with the operators. Hopefully they have learned some customer service since then and this will be good to go.

I have a range I go to, so this doesn't provide any benefit for me but hopefully they will survive. Seems like anything firearms related has a tough go around here.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Seem to be some wildly different experiences here. From great to they suck.
    Well, the OP seems to be happy. Other than that, I'm seeing a trend with the rest of the posters.

Maybe they have changed. It would seem they would have to be doing pretty well to build such a nice place.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, the OP seems to be happy. Other than that, I'm seeing a trend with the rest of the posters.

Maybe they have changed. It would seem they would have to be doing pretty well to build such a nice place.
    I've never been there so what I'm about to say is in no way a comment on that particular business. It has been my experience with gun shops, most of the time, they could use some classes in customer service. I don't know if it's the kind of people that are drawn to start those businesses or the clientele they draw but more times than not, the people behind the counters make me never want to shop with them again.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've never been there so what I'm about to say is in no way a comment on that particular business. It has been my experience with gun shops, most of the time, they could use some classes in customer service. I don't know if it's the kind of people that are drawn to start those businesses or the clientele they draw but more times than not, the people behind the counters make me never want to shop with them again.
    I concur for the most part. I do think that certain businesses that tend to be run by folks who are passionate about something can have tendencies to overlook business acumen.

I see that often in gun shops and gyms.

Top Bottom