• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Not sure if this has been covered yet but a company which I assume is Tisas using the Inglis name are releasing new Hi Power clones that are supposed to be period correct.

https://www.guns.com/news/2024/01/08/inglis-reborn-to-market-period-correct-hi-powers

The L9A1 clone with lanyard loop and a msrp of $489 is appealing to me as an avid fan of the epoxy finished FN MKIII.

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editor...mogi9Z8eRFplNkdiZVK6n3H3hFG8QCswdmU4sXaf1Ga8k

P:S sorry mods if this should be in the break room.... I wasn't sure. Please feel free to move thread if deemed as needed.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    These look interesting, if the fit is nice on them they might make an inexpensive base gun for a custom project, I like my SA-35 but the hammer on these new ones is much better and similar to a C&S replacement.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yes everyone to say the very least I am very excited about $400 something hi powers coming up for sale in the near future.

I really would like to see the L9A1 in person and find out if Tisas is indeed making them like they were a couple years ago under the Regent name.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I wish them well. HPs are such a cool design.

But I don't know that I'd be a player at the $400-500 range.

Like buying a $500 1911... You tend to get what you pay for. (Of course, also understood that a $400-500 1911 or HP isn't meant to be a hard-use never-fail weapon that you can run hard at classes / competition and then put in to personal defensive use...generally speaking)

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie

Like buying a $500 1911... You tend to get what you pay for. (Of course, also understood that a $400-500 1911 or HP isn't meant to be a hard-use never-fail weapon that you can run hard at classes / competition and then put in to personal defensive use...generally speaking)
    I agree, i wouldn't use this type of clone as a serious edc then shoot it every weekend type of gun either.... but it would be nice to have one for plinking as I view my two FN examples to be safe queens even with their holster wear on their respective finishes.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

For the HP's I don't know if that is necessarily the case. I've owned more Brownings and FN's than I can count and i've owned the Tisas BR9 when they were importing those, a Girsan, and my current SA-35. All three of those I would put up against a comparable Browning or FN made gun, in fact they are probably better built than older Browning or FN's. All the clones are coming with much better and more precise fit than the originals as well. I wouldn't get too hung up on the price, the only reason Brng or FN guns are costing 1K+ is somehow people decided they should be more because they were discontinued and they were expensive to make with their labor costs, doesn't necessarily mean there was anything special about them. My favorite so far is the SA-35 because it already has everything you needed to do to a Brng or FN gun already.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    My Tisas FM clone shoots nice after I ditched that horrible magazine "safety". I didn't have to do a bunch of polishing to bring it smooth either. It was better that some of those 1911's from PI that I swear were made with snag grinders!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    These look interesting, if the fit is nice on them they might make an inexpensive base gun for a custom project, I like my SA-35 but the hammer on these new ones is much better and similar to a C&S replacement.
    Right here with ya. That L9A1 could be a great custom job-range gun-shoot around gun companion to my T series (that I don't own yet...) safe queen.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Right here with ya. That L9A1 could be a great custom job-range gun-shoot around gun companion to my T series (that I don't own yet...) safe queen.
    I had a custom T series

bTUOFFol.jpg

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I am also very excited for the L9A1 clone. I am really wanting to see one in person and add trijicon night sights to it.

Top Bottom