• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I don't understand why you guys are being so hard on this guy. One of you even said that this site is not for the classifieds. Well, I do all of my buying and selling on Armslist, but I have had MANY people say that I needed to come here because it has so much better classifieds and people. Well, I haven't hit 50 yet, and I am certainly not feeling the love. I want to buy and sell guns, and not feel like I have to be part of a discussion group to do it. I have a lot better things to do with my time than wade through hundreds of posts from people I don't know whining about things I don't care about just so that I can take advantage of the classifieds. If you are not happy with what I have to say, I can assure you that once I hit the 50 mark, you will only see me in the classifieds...
    Cujo71321

I use FaceBook... much better then here, also you can choose to join a local group, state wide, or both. I also see many of the same stuff for sale here on the FB classifields as well, so that means most of what is for sale here, is also for sale on FB.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I don't understand why you guys are being so hard on this guy. One of you even said that this site is not for the classifieds. Well, I do all of my buying and selling on Armslist, but I have had MANY people say that I needed to come here because it has so much better classifieds and people. Well, I haven't hit 50 yet, and I am certainly not feeling the love. I want to buy and sell guns, and not feel like I have to be part of a discussion group to do it. I have a lot better things to do with my time than wade through hundreds of posts from people I don't know whining about things I don't care about just so that I can take advantage of the classifieds. If you are not happy with what I have to say, I can assure you that once I hit the 50 mark, you will only see me in the classifieds...
    Cujo71321

And THIS is exactly what we don't want INGO to be. INGO is a discussion board. INGO is a place to discuss politics, guns, training, self defense, or just idle banter. The classifieds is just an added bonus for those who already participate. Obviously the owner of the site does NOT want INGO to become another Armslist. If we did not have the rule, that is exactly what it would become. If you don't care enough for the site to make 50 quality posts, or throw $15 their way, then don't complain when the site administrators won't let you leech the classifieds for free.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Cujo71321

If you want a place like Armslist, go to Armslist. This isn't Armslist. This is better BECAUSE of the rules.

TomJefferson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2013
    The way the welcome wagon is around here, it isn't much of a wonder that there are people that don't care to get to know us. As far as contributing to the community, there are people with thousands more posts that us that don't really contribute quality. Some people get on here to talk guns, politics, bacon, midget wrestling, and some have even tried finding dates on here. Saying or implying he'd spam this thread to get to 50 isn't all that bright but it doesn't affect me whatsoever, definitely doesn't cause rectal pain.

I'm sorry my first post was hurtful to so many. The "spam" comment was hyperbole and was punctuated with a question mark(does not imply intent). If I wanted to spam my way to 50 posts I would have easily done that by now. Even if I contributed 50 quality posts it would have been mainly for the purpose of using the classifieds, which is what would make it synonymous with spamming in my mind.

My first post may have been sarcastic and slightly bitter, but I have learned something from the responses to it. I am surprised how many people think I should be banned or think I should not be allowed to even own firearms. This kind of oppressive thinking makes me think this forum is not a place where free thought is easily expressed or critical thinking nurtured. There have been some good replies and I think those people for that. Time is one of my most limited commodities. If the intention of the site is to be part of the cyber "community", I am not sure I have time to invest in that.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Cujo71321

Well, you're averaging a post per month so we'll all see you in the classifieds in 3 years. Party on, dude! :lmfao:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm sorry my first post was hurtful to so many. The "spam" comment was hyperbole and was punctuated with a question mark(does not imply intent). If I wanted to spam my way to 50 posts I would have easily done that by now. Even if I contributed 50 quality posts it would have been mainly for the purpose of using the classifieds, which is what would make it synonymous with spamming in my mind.

My first post may have been sarcastic and slightly bitter, but I have learned something from the responses to it. I am surprised how many people think I should be banned or think I should not be allowed to even own firearms. This kind of oppressive thinking makes me think this forum is not a place where free thought is easily expressed or critical thinking nurtured. There have been some good replies and I think those people for that. Time is one of my most limited commodities. If the intention of the site is to be part of the cyber "community", I am not sure I have time to invest in that.

Did I miss something? I don't recall anybody saying you should be banned or not be allowed to own firearms?

If time is so short that you want to get into the classifieds right away then pay a few bucks to support the site.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

No reason to get worked up about things, my friend. Time is a relevant thing that effects us all.
    Something to keep in mind, for yourself and Mr Cujo, is that interacting with your peers in a discussion forum like this one often assists with one's humility. We gun oriented folks are typically type A personalities, often valuing our own interests much higher than those around us. INGO is quite helpful in keeping us grounded. :twocents:

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I have a lot better things to do with my time than wade through hundreds of posts from people I don't know whining about things I don't care about just so that I can take advantage of the classifieds. If you are not happy with what I have to say, I can assure you that once I hit the 50 mark, you will only see me in the classifieds...
    Cujo71321

If you have no intention to become a part of this community of gun owners in Indiana, either through chatting with the group or contributing financially, then perhaps your needs are better served elsewhere. To be blunt, the classifieds on community are quite active and the site would not be negatively effected if you (the plural you, not individual you) that choose not to contribute decide find another outlet for your buying and selling.

The fact that people had been participating in the classifieds before the technical limitation was implemented just reenforces the fact that those people don't necessarily need to do business with the community if they were not willing to abide by the non-technical rules that were in place previously. A gentleman that "complains" about the new technical implementation of the long written rules is sure to draw negative attention to himself.

If, however, a person were to decide that interacting with the community (socially or financially) was something that catered to the person's interests, then, most assuredly, the community would welcome the person. We are a community of law abiding, and rule abiding, individuals and welcome like minded individuals with open arms.

Ralphie Parker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2013
    Waterloo
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think I've only seen about 15 quality posts on this site and most of them have been in bacon threads and my 1 quality post was a post about printing bacon sammiches in the 3d printer thread.
    I LOVE bacon sammiches!:bowdown:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    When did INGO increase the minimum number of posts to 50 in order to view pictures in the classified section? I also can't send PM's either. I usually use this site for the sole purpose of browsing the classifieds. I have bought guns through here before and now I can't even send PM's. I guess I will have to start spamming threads to increase my post count to the 50 post threshold? I hope INGO administrators had a solid reason for doing this, because it is inconvenient.

If someone could link the post of the changed rules I would appreciate it.

Go home noob, you're drunk again!

Seriously though, it's always been 50 quality post as long as I remember...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I LOVE bacon sammiches!:bowdown:

ahl0fBY.jpg

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Im in now, YAY! Also when in the last 6 months was it ever 15 posts to access the classifieds? I like myself thought it was 100 but then I heard it was changed to 700 quality posts. Im still waiting to hit that, I have some .22s that I need to unload of that I bought back in January. It was only $110 per brick so I thought maybe $100 per brick? Anyone?

Purple is implied....

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Go home noob, you're drunk again!

Seriously though, it's always been 50 quality post as long as I remember...

It was 10 around the time you joined here. It changed to 50 when people would spam a quick 10 and be in the Classifieds before the mods could stop them.

Oh, and Tatic05, it was never 15 posts to the Classifieds, it was 15 posts to be able to PM a member, and some members who had stuff for sale didn't care about the guy they were dealing with being in compliance. That time has passed, and now, to PM anyone but a mod, you have to have the same number of quality posts as it takes to get into the Classifieds without being a Site Supporter.

I do not expect the number of posts to change to 500, no matter how many ask for that. That said, any member is free to use that as his own personal standard.

There are some people to whom I would not sell a firearm or ammunition even if they had 5000 quality posts. (I don't dispute their RKBA, but they have no right to obtain a gun from me.)

Blessings,
    Bill

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There are some people to whom I would not sell a firearm or ammunition even if they had 5000 quality posts. (I don't dispute their RKBA, but they have no right to obtain a gun from me.)...

:yesway: Yep. It goes both directions also. There are (a tiny few) folks on here I wouldn't give a dollar for their brick of .22's, if that is what they were asking.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    It was 10 around the time you joined here. It changed to 50 when people would spam a quick 10 and be in the Classifieds before the mods could stop them.

Oh, and Tatic05, it was never 15 posts to the Classifieds, it was 15 posts to be able to PM a member, and some members who had stuff for sale didn't care about the guy they were dealing with being in compliance. That time has passed, and now, to PM anyone but a mod, you have to have the same number of quality posts as it takes to get into the Classifieds without being a Site Supporter.

I do not expect the number of posts to change to 500, no matter how many ask for that. That said, any member is free to use that as his own personal standard.

There are some people to whom I would not sell a firearm or ammunition even if they had 5000 quality posts. (I don't dispute their RKBA, but they have no right to obtain a gun from me.)

Blessings,
    Bill

I got ya. I had two different users PM me about something I had up for sale. well they didn't have 50 posts so I politely told them sorry. I only reported one since they were a little rude if memory serves me correctly. Regardless if I think the rule is good or bad, its the rule and this is Fenways home I'm just a daily vistor.

Top Bottom