• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    This will be the 3rd job in 35 years. Start in about a week and I was driving 100 miles a day to now 30! Finally can get some things done and enjoy life a little more. Right now I’m gone about 12/13 hours away from home a day and looking forward to a normal shift. I will be supervising a crew of maintenance guys and looking forward to starting next week.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Congrats ! I used to drive about 75 miles round trip to the Castleton area for 14 years . The trip to and from work could ruin ones day in a flash with all of the rude and inconsiderate drivers . I can imagine the amount in 100 miles . :)
    Working was the fun part of the day !

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Good for you man! I drove from Porter county to the south side of Chicago for 10 years, Indiana toll road to the Chicago skyway to Stoney Island. Final destination, Hyde Park. Those were some loooooong days. Then throw in crappy weather. No thanks.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Congrats, best of luck. Always nervous starting a new endeavor, but remember why you’re doing it. Hope it’s everything you want and need it to be.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Congrats on new role/job! My cross, so to speak has been jobs. My intention was one company until retirement. I'm not even close, lol.

Changes are a little intimidating, but it won't take long and you'll be on top of your game.

Single company employment until retirement or death is a thing of the past anyway. I'm coming up on 8 years at my current gig and at 62 I'd like to make one more change to run me out to 67-70 and be able to call it a day.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Thanks for all the well wishes! I retired from a 25 year position at a local college.. went from college kids to a assisted living community with memory care. I love working with our seniors and giving some much needed love to them that they deserve. Leaving is hard and like having another family. Don’t really realize how much they depend on people even like me.
    Now to a factory maintenance supervisor.

Zeb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2020
    Portland
    I've been driving 60 miles a day for over 30 years. I can relate to the tole it takes on a person. Best of luck on the new job.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Good luck to you. I dislike changing jobs, but I might not have much choice soon.

Brush up on Excel, and have a solid business plan. :):

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    This will be the 3rd job in 35 years. Start in about a week and I was driving 100 miles a day to now 30! Finally can get some things done and enjoy life a little more. Right now I’m gone about 12/13 hours away from home a day and looking forward to a normal shift. I will be supervising a crew of maintenance guys and looking forward to starting next week.
    Best of luck!

If some jack*** starts complaining about not calling it by proper pronouns, just send out a company wide email about how you support its mental illness.

No need to involve HR

Top Bottom