• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Because I'm just now at the suggested break in amount.

Good luck. If it hadn't worked itself out in 200rds.... it wont. sent it back at 300rds.... then again at 400rds. The slide was decent quality, but that frame is pure garbage IMO. Glock 42 > cw380 quality wise. I've had a few other kahr's... the cm9, and the k9, and those were of extremely high quality. This cw380 was pure garbagio.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Good luck. If it hadn't worked itself out in 200rds.... it wont. sent it back at 300rds.... then again at 400rds. The slide was decent quality, but that frame is pure garbage IMO. Glock 42 > cw380 quality wise. I've had a few other kahr's... the cm9, and the k9, and those were of extremely high quality. This cw380 was pure garbagio.

I had nothing but success with my CM9s, CW9, and CW45 i owned. Im hoping this turns out the same after its visit to home base.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I found the Kahr PM9 to be flawless and did not experience any issues with any type of ammo out of the box. The Kahr P380 is a different animal and needs to be broken in before it starts to function properly. Once it is broken in it is an accurate and reliable pocket pistol. The most reliable self defense ammo I have used in a P380 without any failures is the Hornady Critical Defense 90 grain flex tip. I have never had to send a Kahr back but I have contacted their customer service and they where always helpful and responsive to my questions.

The below link has some good break in tips for Kahr pistols.

Proper prep of a new kahr - KahrTalk Forums

sheepdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    I had some issues with my Khar PM9. Sent it back to the factory and they said no problems with it. After about 500 rounds through it, it has worked flawlessly.

alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Gotta say I am disappointed with Kahr after reading about your issues. I own a CM9 and a P380 and both have functioned flawlessly for me. The 9 is prolly around 1k rounds with no malfunctions and a wide variety of crappy ammo put through her. That is my single stack carry gun. I hope they do right by you and take care of the issue promptly. Maybe I've just been lucky but I think they make a damn good product.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    KahrTalk is very good. But given the level of problems that the OP mentioned, I thought it better to send it back to the manufacturer. Many issues can be fixed using advice from KahrTalk.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Well, after my email inquiry this morning, I've got an ETA of sorts...

Hello,

Your firearm was received on 3/17/14. Our gunsmiths are currently
    experiencing a four week turnaround time and will service your firearm as
    soon as possible.

Thanks,

Kahr Arms/Auto Ordnance

alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Yea that makes me think the recent rumblings I've heard about Kahr QC going down the tubes with their increase in market share have been true. Glad I got mine prior to their popularity going through the roof. Still love mine. My most frequent carry is my P380.

jdwhitak

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    I had NO issues with it. Wifey couldn't get it to function at all. Mighty slim grip and very little texturing allowing it to move in her hand I suspect. She's got grip strength issues.

? The P380 is smaller than the the G42 & has almost no grip compared to the G42.

Top Bottom