• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • =Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    My wife was telling me yesterday that she heard that it is supposed to be harder to get a handgun starting in July. Anyone know what she's referring to? It's not that I don't believe her (I don't doubt that she did hear that on the news), but I want to fact-check the story. Is there new legislation that's supposed to go into effect in July or something?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Nothing I've heard yet either.

But maybe a word of advice. Start buying stuff now. I know your still looking for your first gun but if you have decided on a calbier, I'd start buying ammo now. If Clinton wins in November, I think it will be worse than Sandyhook.

Again, this is just my opinion.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Don't think there's anything changing with handguns. I do recall heading something about more paperwork to get class 3 stuff? Maybe she mixed up the story?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Probably referring to ATF-41F. Probably heard it from a guy who knows a guy whose dog sniffs the butt of a secret service member's hairdresser's Pomeranian.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My wife was telling me yesterday that she heard that it is supposed to be harder to get a handgun starting in July. Anyone know what she's referring to?

Corrupted transposition. Hearing one thing but assuming it is about something else. It is the basis for Kirk's First Law of the Internet.

This is 41P/41F, it pertains to NFA trusts (which could be about handguns): https://www.atf.gov/file/100896/download

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I heard Saturday morning on the radio of a new proposed law but could confirm. The law would require private sales of a firearm to report the transaction to the State Police within a certain amount of time. If I had found anything, there would be a thread with a link on INGO.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

But maybe a word of advice. Start buying stuff now. I know your still looking for your first gun but if you have decided on a calbier, I'd start buying ammo now. If Clinton wins in November, I think it will be worse than Sandyhook.

Only if the Ds get congress too.

Let's not start panicking until there is actually something to panic about.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville

No reasoning to panic. If Hillary gets in, there will be a run. She will probably try something stupid if she gets elected. Although I think she is trying to get the liberal base from Bernie with the gun control talk and will run back to the center as quick as her cankles can support her after the primaries are over.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    No, I haven't heard anything either.
    That said, by July, it would not surprise me at all if it were harder to purchase a handgun.
    By then the panic buying will be in full swing and the supply will be dwindled the mere a pittance.

No purple intended.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013

There would be no rational basis for panicking, but it will most certainly happen if any D gets the oval office.

mistersmith

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    NWI
    If Hilary gets elected, I am pretty sure Bill will help her stay a more moderate and stay away from the hot button issues. Just the thought of her leading the country makes me think a panic is surely headed our way. But I have been wrong a lot of times, so I will wait and see what happens.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I heard Saturday morning on the radio of a new proposed law but could confirm. The law would require private sales of a firearm to report the transaction to the State Police within a certain amount of time. If I had found anything, there would be a thread with a link on INGO.

HB 1149 would have made it law to report all private sales to ISP within a certain amount of time (I believe one business day). Fortunately, it was shut down in committee.

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy

I've thought about buying some ammo, but not sure what to buy. If I'm going to be buying a 9mm handgun, does it matter what range ammo I buy?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I've thought about buying some ammo, but not sure what to buy. If I'm going to be buying a 9mm handgun, does it matter what range ammo I buy?
    Range ammo? Not really. Winchester white box is a decently safe choice. Not match ammo but reliable.

Calibers that go the quickest are .45 ACP, 9mm, .22, 5.56, 7.62x39, and 7.62x51. The .30-06, 12 gauge, 20 gauge, and the various other mil-surp rifle calibers go shortly after. Expensive or odd stuff like 7mm magnum and the big bore cartridges stick around.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If I'm going to be buying a 9mm handgun, does it matter what range ammo I buy?

It depends.:D

If you are getting something like a Glock, then I would eschew lead bullet ammo, unless you want to slap in a replacement barrel.

Be careful if buying surplus 9mm for your handgun as your ammo could be hot SMG ammo, corrosive or the like.

Top Bottom