• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    southport
    I was just surfing the internet and came upon the Para ordnance website looks like they have a totally new look along with a totally new price tag on there guns! Has anyone purchased one of these new look Paras? It says they have a ramped barrel and I was wondering how much this affects reliability in the 1911 platform if at all.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was just surfing the internet and came upon the Para ordnance website looks like they have a totally new look along with a totally new price tag on there guns! Has anyone purchased one of these new look Paras? It says they have a ramped barrel and I was wondering how much this affects reliability in the 1911 platform if at all.

All my Paras have ramped barrels and they eat anything I feed them.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Hey I'm too lazy to look for my own link, post post post

http://www.para-usa.com/index2.php

I ran a Para 16-40 Limited and really liked it but in the quest for the ever better pistol I let it go. In my younger days I posted some quick times and good scores with the gun. I've gave up longing for guns from my past but I would buy one again

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Only time my otherwise reliable Para LTC (with ramped barrel) bollixes up the feeding is with REALLY wide and REALLY short HP. Examples include the light weight Sierra Powerjackets in .45 (such as the 185 gr, 230s are long enough), 185 gr. Speer Gold Dots (loaded short, I can load em out longer and no issues), 160 gr LSWC (I was drunk when I ordered them... :D Thought I had a plan for them). Talking REALLY weird profiles. Also, my magazine choice is a biggie... Anything with straight GI profile feed lips, forgeddaboutit, won't run. My Wilson Service mags, 47D and ETMs, no problem (sit the top round up higher and hits the ramp right at the bend into the chamber).

Ramped barrel and Short OAL, no go in my book. Have yet to see it work. Short OAL makes the mag release it funnier than normal and hits too low on the feedramp, which is usually fairly steep.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Only time my otherwise reliable Para LTC (with ramped barrel) bollixes up the feeding is with REALLY wide and REALLY short HP. Examples include the light weight Sierra Powerjackets in .45 (such as the 185 gr, 230s are long enough), 185 gr. Speer Gold Dots (loaded short, I can load em out longer and no issues), 160 gr LSWC (I was drunk when I ordered them... :D Thought I had a plan for them). Talking REALLY weird profiles. Also, my magazine choice is a biggie... Anything with straight GI profile feed lips, forgeddaboutit, won't run. My Wilson Service mags, 47D and ETMs, no problem (sit the top round up higher and hits the ramp right at the bend into the chamber).

Ramped barrel and Short OAL, no go in my book. Have yet to see it work. Short OAL makes the mag release it funnier than normal and hits too low on the feedramp, which is usually fairly steep.

That is what I have heard about the Warthog. Ammo picky.

We run P-14 Mags in all of our Para's even the P-12's. The mag extends out a bit but for a large handed individual it makes for a better grip. Runs fine. We use only Para Mags. The aftermarket ones will work but will occasionally FTF. Not so with the Para offerings.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yep, I'm looking at getting a bi-tone Para Elite 1911 next year.

Sweet! I'm digging the Black Ops Combat. I have been wanting to get something to add a suppressor to. I was thinking I would upgrade my Springer MC Operator but 14rnds of .45 in a 1911 that is already suppressor ready is very tempting.

Top Bottom