• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Since your avatar shows an M&P I'm assuming you know that the correct sight picture is #3?

picture.php
    My M&P9 fs have sight image 1, surprisingly. My Sig Sauers all have image 3 too. I tried 3 but was still hitting way low. Like I said, I was real tired by this time so I do not want to write the gun off. I'll let you know when I shoot again what happens.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    I thought #3 was the HK sight picture. That's how my HK45C works.

Anyway, the Apex sear DOES work in the Shield without modification.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    yeah, that's great.

Unless you are one of those (like me) who don't mess with the carry gun.

There is nothing wrong with the Shield's trigger. The reset is okay as well.

I get the feeling someone just wants to tinker with their new gun and can't stop thinking about it. :popcorn:
    Second here on not messing with the carry gun. I have an SD9 that Apex has a spring kit for that drops the pull from the stock 8#-9# down to about 5.5#

Since it's a carry/HD for me I have chosen to leave it stock otherwise I would love to drop the Apex in especially since the cost of the kit is only around $20.

Last edited:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Second here on not messing with the carry gun. I have an SD9 that Apex has a spring kit for that drops the pull from the stock 8#-9# down to about 5.5#

Since it's a carry/HD for me I have chosen to leave it stock otherwise I would love to drop the Apex in especially since the cost of the kit is only around $20.
    I don't tinker with my carry guns. As a matter of fact, if my range trip does not feel MUCH better I will be unloading the M&P Shield.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't tinker with my carry guns. As a matter of fact, if my range trip does not feel MUCH better I will be unloading the M&P Shield.
    That's the way I look at carry guns. If it does'nt feel right to you and live up to your expectations then that's the same thing I would do and have done in the past.

The shield is a hot ticket item right now and i'm sure you would have no problem selling it.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    This is just me, but I really like the Shield. I have no problems with the trigger and actually enjoy shooting that compact pistol. As a matter of fact, I went out earlier today and ran about three hundred trouble free rounds through mine. I will say that I have guns that I am more accurate with, but my results with the Shield are easily acceptable to me.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    The Shield has the audible and tactile reset that should have come in the full size M&P. I am not sure if the sear is the same as the full size, but I do know the chassis is a scaled version of the full size.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Well, I got to shoot it more this past weekend.......

Ok, I was wrong. This thing rocks!:rockwoot:

Love the linear recoil, crisp trigger with tactile reset. My buddy tried it and wants one now too. I have my summer gun!:ingo:

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Okay, so I put a hard sear and USB from an Apex Tactical FSS & Trigger kit into my new Shield in hopes of making the trigger better. I must say, it worked really well. Reset is still better than with a stock Compact or full-sized, the trigger pull (with the original springs) was a very workable 4lbs, 3oz, and the controllability is enhanced. I have to second the comment about this being the best small-platform gun that I've tried. This has become my first choice for a carry gun.

I've also found, quite by accident, that a few of my Kahr PM45 holsters fit the Shield really well. I'm about to order a few more holsters and try them out, but I have a Braveheart knockoff that formerly fit my PM45 and, with a little bit of heat and manipulation around the trigger guard, fits the Shield almost like it was originally made for it. I think S&W has a big, big hit on their hands.

Top Bottom