• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I just copmpleted 100 posts. I post this to encorage new members to partiocipate. I never thought I would get to 20 posts which was the classified benchmark when I joined, but quickly moved to the 50 and now 100.

I have completed a few six or seven transactions on the classifieds and find it very reassuring that you are dealing with "verified" people. Every transaction has been excellent.

Usually I can only post my opinion on a weapon or holster as my knowledge is not that great, but have been able to solicit information from this knowledge base.

Keep reading, leaning and posting.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    INGO has classifieds? :):

Well done, jim. Well done. :yesway:

(seriously, that's how I like my bacon prepared.)

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Agreed. I have been here about a year or so and have had nothing but positve experiences with the folks here. The information and knowledge within this group is astounding to say the least. I have bought abd sold items within this group and bar none, each transaction has been a pleasure. Even went to a meet and greet ( or maybe I should say EAT and greet :): ) and was a stranger for less than 2 minutes. After that, it was old home week.

My advice to newbies is to hang in there. Read the various posts and reply to them even with a short simple comment. Post greetings to fellow newbies. Post questions on various subjects. You'll be amazed at how fast your post count will grow.

It's well worth the effort. And, if you're not careful, you may actually learn a thing or two.:rockwoot:

insomnitec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    I just copmpleted 100 posts. I post this to encorage new members to partiocipate. I never thought I would get to 20 posts which was the classified benchmark when I joined, but quickly moved to the 50 and now 100.

I have completed a few six or seven transactions on the classifieds and find it very reassuring that you are dealing with "verified" people. Every transaction has been excellent.

Usually I can only post my opinion on a weapon or holster as my knowledge is not that great, but have been able to solicit information from this knowledge base.

Keep reading, leaning and posting.

I want to participate in the classifieds section with a passion. I'm sooo close. :n00b:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    See, my post count just went up another tick. :rockwoot:

Easy, pezzy.

I'll leave this here (for now). But just so you know, posts like this get removed if you're under 50 posts. We are a learning/sharing community of responsible gun owners first, a swap meet second. We offer the classifieds as a perk to our contributing members, not as the primary reason for being here.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i joined this site stricly for the classifieds. when i joined the post min for clasifieds was 10 and i never planned on makeing 11 posts. now im at 1700ish and i still doubt i have the 50 QUALITY posts for the classifieds they are nice enough to let me slide. in the begining i didn't want to post anything. now i dont ever want to shutup:ingo:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I think the 50 post count to be able to post an item for sale, limits the amount of items that are for sale. If the post count were lower, maybe we would have more of a selection of good quailty used firearms to pick from.
    I don't set the rules of course, I just obey them. Just some food for thought for the people that are in control. Thanks

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Yes, and I've heard when you reach 10,000 you ascend to a higher plane of consciousness........ :popcorn:
    :)

That's what I heard.

In fact, here's a picture of Scutter I snapped:

meditation6.jpg

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Pami,

My post ending in "Easy,peezy" was merely an attempt to show that making a quality post is not that hard to do by refering to the one above it. No offense intended and my most humble apologies to anyone so offended.

Steve

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I think the 50 post count to be able to post an item for sale, limits the amount of items that are for sale.

1) not really; our Classifieds section is very active.

2) even if it did, so what? The primary purpose of INGO is to facilitate information exchange and fellowship among hoosier gun owners, not to be a Craig's List for guns.

If the post count were lower, maybe we would have more of a selection of good quailty used firearms to pick from.

Maybe, but see item 2) above. Also, the lower post count requirement saw TONS of people just sign up, post 10 "one-liners" and start hawking their stuff, rather than actually participating in the forums and seeing what INGO was all about. The post count requirement was upped to 50 to discourage this, and for the most part it has worked. Participation is up, Mod workload is down, and the Classifieds are still bumpin'. It's a win-win-win.

Just some food for thought for the people that are in control.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, but we've been there, done that, and aren't going back. :ingo:

Top Bottom