Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Who's Mitchell?
    ;)

Mitchell was built as a railroad town in the 1850s. Its downtown is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Mitchell was the crossroads of the Chicago, Indianapolis and Louisville Railroad (aka the Monon Railroad) and the Ohio and Mississippi Railway (later part of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad). With the railroad came the first telegraphs into the county.

Mitchell was named for Ormsby McKnight Mitchel, who was an astronomer, attorney, surveyor, professor and publisher. He platted the town in exchange for naming it Mitchel (second “l” added later). Major General Mitchel died during the American Civil War.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    ;)

Mitchell was built as a railroad town in the 1850s. Its downtown is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Mitchell was the crossroads of the Chicago, Indianapolis and Louisville Railroad (aka the Monon Railroad) and the Ohio and Mississippi Railway (later part of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad). With the railroad came the first telegraphs into the county.

Mitchell was named for Ormsby McKnight Mitchel, who was an astronomer, attorney, surveyor, professor and publisher. He platted the town in exchange for naming it Mitchel (second “l” added later). Major General Mitchel died during the American Civil War.
    You forgot it’s the home of the persimmon festival

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Persimmon puddin' cookies
    Sounds good
    Only on INGO baby. Always turns it into about food.
    I prefer chocolate chip.

But I'm also looking forward to what this cat has to bring to the table. (see what i did there?)
    I watched my dad, and made a decision that I want to die healthy, preferably on my feet, preferably later rather than sooner but not too late. Pretty much in that order. Mixed results so far.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Only on INGO baby. Always turns it into about food.
    I prefer chocolate chip.

But I'm also looking forward to what this cat has to bring to the table. (see what i did there?)
    I watched my dad, and made a decision that I want to die healthy, preferably on my feet, preferably later rather than sooner but not too late. Pretty much in that order. Mixed results so far.
    If I ain't havin' fun, I ain't livin'

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom