• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    Well, since my first post was in the Bradis forum I figure I should make an introduction thread.

I live in the Camby area, 20 years old, just been finishing up my AR15 build, waiting on my bolt carrier group, which hopefully ships soon but its a hard to get part currently.

I guess a little firearms background? Some friends got me into shooting, let me waste their ammo and shoot their guns. Had a great safe time and just had to have some for myself. Shot a few shotguns, a couple different handguns, and some smaller rifles my first time out, and then just before we packed up got to shoot an SKS. Fell in love with the SKS and picked up a Yugo m59/66 for $250 with 140 round, which was a great deal. Put a few rounds through it, but sold it off to fund my other hobby (cars, for another time yes?). Regret that choice, but I had $255 in it after buying 20 more rounds, sold it for $350 so it wasn't all bad.

Was just planning to build my AR15 and trying to decide what parts I wanted, what barrel I wanted and getting ready to order parts, two days before my paycheck came in and I was going to begin ordering, the panic buying began. It's been an uphill battle trying to build my rifle on a college budget but I've managed.

Current Specs:

Complete New Frontier Polymer Lower

(Actual like the quality and trigger, hopefully it works out, got what I could get, just couldn't find an aluminum one for a decent price)

Palmetto State Armory Upper:

5.56 1:7 Twist HPT/MPI chrome lined barrel, Midwest Industries SS12G2 Free Float hand guard, standard "MilSpec" charging handle, and awaiting the RGuns NiB Bolt Carrier Group. (Hope it actually ships, I've read horror stories and I've read good things. Just gonna keep my head up.)

Current optic:

Currently running a cheap IClear 4x31 mini "100yard" scope. Ebay special that came with the purchase of the SKS. sight picture is nice, hopefully it will hold zero.

Things I look to add in the future:

Magpul MOE+ grip and stock

Magpul MBUS Gen 2 backup sights

Depending on how this whole ban situation plays out, in the future I would like to be purchasing an FN FNS-9 as a first handgun currently, but I've still got a little over 9 months to research and decide on my purchase, besides, who knows what new choices could become available between now and my 21st birthday?

Well, that's about all I can think to post, looking forward to being a part of the community! Happy shooting! :ar15:

20130125152914400.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom