Not open for further replies.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Great Forum!!!

Hi, all! Been reading on this site for days now.... decided to join and see if I can contribute some, as well. Looks like there are alot of good folks here. I am familiar with/friends with a few members I've noticed.... like JetGirl, JimH, and JBLee.... from another firearms site.

Been hunting & shooting guns for about 35 years, I guess. For years, when I was younger, did alot of rabbit, pheasant & squirrel hunting (yes, I eat them). Have hunted deer, fox, coyote, etc... thru out the Midwest.

I also am a rimfire benchrest shooter, which I got started at around 1989 when my late Dad introduced me to it (He was a 2-time World Champion in BR-50 International, in the early '90's). I have a great custom 40X, that will forever shoot better than I can.

I also started a few years ago, developing my own patented gun blueing processes (hot & cold) and do some stainless 'colorization' on guns (pistols, receivers, barrels, etc). Last year started my own very small business to do the metal finishing for extra income (STELLAR METAL FINISHES). I hated the fact that some gun manufacturers and parts suppliers were reverting to cheap-looking blueing and matte gun coats on classic firearms. Don't get me wrong, the 'tactical' look and weather-resistant finishes have their place and can be desirable for certain pieces.... but not on expensive 'classic' collectable rifles and revolvers, IMHO.

Anyway, I have read enough here to see that there is a great deal I can still learn, and I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this site (THANKS! Fenway!). :ingo:

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Thanks to all, for the timely replies and warm welcome!

My firearms 'passions' are Colt revolvers (S/A mostly), old Winchester rimfires (Mod 52's; 69A & 75)... and all rimfire Remingtons, especially the 5-TEENS, 541-S and of course the rimfire 40X's.

I'm also very into Colt Commanders, most any S & W pistol or wheelgun, pre-64 Winnie model 70's, and any good clean Browning guns (like the Belgium-made pieces).

I'll try to post some pix in this thread, later on. -Lee

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom