New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I think political bubbles are a big problem especially when they create a culture of uncritical compliance. NM got what it voted for. It's up to the people of New Mexico to fix this problem. But if they won't, it's probably because too many of them have irrational thinking about guns, and too much of a culture of reliance on government to keep them safe.

What breaks bubbles is an alternate point of view as freely available to the people as the bubble's prevailing point of view. This is why free speech is vital to a free society. Mostly.

I say "mostly" because I think there's a point where the features of a free society become it's downfall. And that is the point at which the mechanisms that keep a society free, are gamed by people wishing to destroy it. And they use those very mechanisms to tear it down.

I think that is what is happening now. People susceptible to appeals of unearned virtue vote in people who want to tear down the mechanisms of liberty. And to borrow some words from Bret Weinstein, we're not going to conserve our way out of it. I also think we're not going to libertarian our way out of it. I lean libertarian and conservative.

Back in the day many of us on INGO called ourselves "conservatarians". That ain't helping us out of this. I think we'll need to break some of our principles to save those principles. I think we may need some help from liberals who also want to destroy ClownWorld™. They're not burdened with some of the principles that the clowns can easily game to defeat us.
    A+ post, jamil.

Only thing I might say is, "NM got what it voted for." so maybe this is what they want?

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    By attempting to use “gas operation” she likely intends to introduce the climate change aspect into the reasoning to ban these weapons of war………

I think this had been a regular attempt that goes (so far) nowhere in the NM Roundhouse for a number of years. Still, it seems like there really should be some type of penalty for pushing an already determined unconstitutional action. Sadly, our next .gov WILL BE another democrat, and very likely worse. As hard as that is to imagine.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    This just in . . . Articles of Impeachment will be filed for Michelle Luhan Grisham. How far that goes in the NM House will remain to be seen. I'm making popcorn. There's been huge pushback on her Executive Orders from both sides of the aisle. I get the impression she's a loose cannon that's managed to **** off legislators in her own party on other issues.

:popcorn:

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I’m on the ground in New Mexico and I have NO HOPE for this. I hope I’m wrong. Dems control both houses 2/1ish. They just started a 30 day session, and have about 6 gun bills they are throwing around. “assault” rifle ban, 14 day waiting period, add to red flag law, blah blah blah.

I heard this on the radio, but not sure, the 30 day session is by law only to be used for budgetary items…..

Stefani Lord is our rep here in Sandia Park, I need to meet her someday. The current parks ban is for Bernalillo County, which includes all of Albuquerque. We live in Bern Co, but 22 miles from ABQ.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I’m on the ground in New Mexico and I have NO HOPE for this. I hope I’m wrong. Dems control both house 2/1ish. They just started a 30 day session, and have about 6 gun bills they are throwing around. “assault” rifle ban, 14 day waiting period, add to red flag law, blah blah blah.

I heard this on the radio, but not sure, the 30 day session is by law only to be used for budgetary items…..

Stefani Lord is our rep here in Sandia Park, I need to meet her someday. The current parks ban is for Bernalillo County, which includes all of Albuquerque. We live in Bern Co, but 22 miles from ABQ.
    You need to move to Indiana.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was born in Indiana…..
    Well, I think the next stage in all this is people will start to self-sort. People who can't stand red or blue state politics will probably move to the other. It's perceived feasibility depends on how bad it gets. There's a line that when crossed will make any man either fight or move. Depends where the line is. Hopefully fighting this ant-gun zealotry in the courts will work out. But there will be a boiling point where they ignore the courts. I mean they have to some extent already.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Well, I think the next stage in all this is people will start to self-sort. People who can't stand red or blue state politics will probably move to the other. It's perceived feasibility depends on how bad it gets. There's a line that when crossed will make any man either fight or move. Depends where the line is. Hopefully fighting this ant-gun zealotry in the courts will work out. But there will be a boiling point where they ignore the courts. I mean they have to some extent already.
    Lots of people seem to be moving OUT of New Mexico to Texas. Californians seem to pass over us, either Arizona, Texas or Florida. Likely too much like home? When I see a U-Haul at the gas pumps I ask moving in or out, and overwhelmingly out.

We moved here to be by our daughter and grandchild. She has a great job and not going anywhere. From Wisconsin, which is trending towards blue it appears. I struggled big time with the politics of NM but ultimately accepted it. It’s actually not a bad place to live if you have money, but a terrible place to live if you don’t. Beautiful scenery, weather is way more mellow than northern Wisconsin. Rarely over 90 at altitude and no humidity in the summer. We do get winter, people have no clue how to drive in snow. Don’t want to be on I-40 in a blizzard. It’s a definite sanctuary state and Albuquerque has huge problems with crime and homeless. With less than 2 million people, we don’t usually make the news. Up in the mountains where we live we seem to fit right in with our neighbors. But the anti-gun drum beat is ALWAYS in the background and our .gov is for sure a major kook. The next one will likely be worse, term limited.

If our daughter’s family were to relocate, we’d go back to Wisconsin in a nanosecond. I still have the majority of my family around Elkhart/Warsaw but immediate family and wife’s family in Wisconsin. Indiana seems WAY TOO crowded when I go back to visit, and even moreso after living here for a few years.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Lots of people seem to be moving OUT of New Mexico to Texas. Californians seem to pass over us, either Arizona, Texas or Florida. Likely too much like home? When I see a U-Haul at the gas pumps I ask moving in or out, and overwhelmingly out.

We moved here to be by our daughter and grandchild. She has a great job and not going anywhere. From Wisconsin, which is trending towards blue it appears. I struggled big time with the politics of NM but ultimately accepted it. It’s actually not a bad place to live if you have money, but a terrible place to live if you don’t. Beautiful scenery, weather is way more mellow than northern Wisconsin. Rarely over 90 at altitude and no humidity in the summer. We do get winter, people have no clue how to drive in snow. Don’t want to be on I-40 in a blizzard. It’s a definite sanctuary state and Albuquerque has huge problems with crime and homeless. With less than 2 million people, we don’t usually make the news. Up in the mountains where we live we seem to fit right in with our neighbors. But the anti-gun drum beat is ALWAYS in the background and our .gov is for sure a major kook. The next one will likely be worse, term limited.

If our daughter’s family were to relocate, we’d go back to Wisconsin in a nanosecond. I still have the majority of my family around Elkhart/Warsaw but immediate family and wife’s family in Wisconsin. Indiana seems WAY TOO crowded when I go back to visit, and even moreso after living here for a few years.
    I don't really see WI getting much better but not as bad as MN.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Your observations seem to be backed up by data.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I don't really see WI getting much better but not as bad as MN.
    When we left, both WI houses were R majorities. So a Dem .gov was somewhat limited. Out here in NM it’s the opposite, both houses Dem majority for 90 years. There have been a few Rep (rhino) .gov but never get anything done. Both house have or are close to veto proof D majority.

I call it California lite, on Covid our tyny tyrunt gov just followed CA two weeks later. I believe we are the only remaining state with a “health order” aka the gun ban fiasco.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Here we go again. All three of these were stopped last year by the State Senate, but I heard the Senate Prez is in favor of the 14 day waiting period. There are, maybe, enough rural Democrats to join with the few Republicans to stop it if it goes to a vote, but I would not be shocked if it passed.

A whole lot of nothing is going to get better with crime because criminals aren’t going to follow your new laws either. Make sure you have some tissue handy, maybe a barf bucket before you start reading.

We would never violate any one’s constitutional rights (small caps intentional) within reason. What??!!?? We have to do SOMETHING!!! This is something, so we have to do it.

Idiots, every one.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico

Thanks for posting. I have no doubt it will pass out of the house, and “hopefully” not get out of the Senate. No doubt the tyny tyrunt couldnt sign it fast enough. Various legislators on the news are saying it’s NOT A BAN cause you can keep everything you already own, you merely need to register it with the state. NOPE

Top Bottom