new "racially heated" Obama video surfaces.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    He always does that. If the crowd is black, he will change the way he talks.

If the crowd is Hispanic, he does the same thing.

The man is a fake.

Or human. You do the same thing. It is called code switching.

Code-switching - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An example. “The governor said I had to say it right: Mornin’ y’all. Good to be with you,” Romney bantered. “I got started right this morning with a biscuit and some cheesy grits. I’ll tell you! Delicious.”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

An example. “The governor said I had to say it right: Mornin’ y’all. Good to be with you,” Romney bantered. “I got started right this morning with a biscuit and some cheesy grits. I’ll tell you! Delicious.”

When it's done in a context of political deceit, it's called something else. In your example, it's done above the table, where Romney makes it obvious he's outside of their culture, but approving of it. In Obama's case, he's pandering, pretending to be part of their culture to further his goal of dividing them against the opposition. The difference is not all that subtle.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

It is called being a fraud. BO does it constantly, Hillary does it, Madonna does it with her phoney British accent and it looks like Mitt does it too.

And no. . .I do not do it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

It is called being a fraud. BO does it constantly, Hillary does it, Madonna does it with her phoney British accent and it looks like Mitt does it too.

And no. . .I do not do it.

Oh Pooh! What Mitt did, every politician has done. They say Howdy Y'all to a Southern crowd. He didn't talk for 40 fricking minutes trying to use a southern accent. If he says Shalom to a Jewish crowd, is he trying to pretend he is Jewish. Obama has always had the problem of not being seen as an actual black man. I remember before he was the Dem pick, Hillary was the choice of the black bloc of the Dem party. They used to make comments about him not being from slave stock. So Obama would feign this accent and try to look and sound like he was from the hood. He was born in Hawaii (or Kenya) and raised in Indonesia. Then he went to school in the Ivy League. In none of those places would he have picked up an accent like the one he tries to use.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Face it. Hannity/Tucker/Drudge were clowned with their "bombshell" video. Again. The collective response from both sides of the aisle was a resounding yawn. They made themselves appear even more desperate when they tried to twist it into a racial battle. Black people speak differently amongst themselves. Is this news?

It isn't to Allen West. If he can take off the blinders, surely INGO can.

“What’s the ‘So what’ of this video? I don’t think it’s going to really go anywhere.”

GVS and Newt said the same thing.

“What is the news?” Romney communications director Gail Gitcho asked in an email to Buzzfeed. “I don’t know.”

Another hail mary from right wing media that the Romney campaign is avoiding at all costs.

Fodder for those who feed on race. Plain and simple. We get it. The president is black.

http://blogs.ajc.com/jay-bookman-bl...-not-to-obama/?cxntfid=blogs_jay_bookman_blog

Last edited:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Face it. Hannity/Tucker/Drudge were clowned with their "bombshell" video. Again. The collective response from both sides of the aisle was a resounding yawn. They made themselves appear even more desperate when they tried to twist it into a racial battle. Black people speak differently amongst themselves. Is this news?

It isn't to Allen West. If he can take off the blinders, surely INGO can.

“What’s the ‘So what’ of this video? I don’t think it’s going to really go anywhere.”

GVS and Newt said the same thing.

“What is the news?” Romney communications director Gail Gitcho asked in an email to Buzzfeed. “I don’t know.”

Another hail mary from right wing media that the Romney campaign is avoiding at all costs.

Fodder for those who feed on race. Plain and simple. We get it. The president is black.

The new Obama video is ‘devastating’, but not to Obama | Jay Bookman

I have to say I agree with you.

Drudge had the spinning light up last night. Then little teasers released about the "Big Video". Once I knew Hannity had it, it had to be a joke.

If there were any good videos out there, the Clintons would have exposed them during the last primary.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    BHO likes to say corpse-man instead of corpsman ...as if he's the only one who says
    it correctly...and nobody has the b@//$ to correct him.

Top Bottom