• ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I got a new one! :D :D :D :D :D

Picked it up today. Shot about 42 rounds through it today out back, and it fed everything like a champ. Cheap Magtech ammo, I think.

Grouping was really good at about 10 yards, too; no issues controlling it. It's been awhile since I've had a .45, though. I'm going to have to readjust to those short fat rounds.

Fit and finish is good, what I would expect from a Rock Island gun. I like the full rail, although it meant that I had to custom order the holster I wanted, because nobody made a full-length 3-slot pancake for it. That should come in sometime next week, and I'll post more pics. Ordered it from DaKruiser, here on INGO, so props to him for that.

And, what you've all been waiting for; pics. Includes the obligatory "whoops I got my foot in the frame" picture. INGO special. ;)

Pictures! Click ME!

EDIT: And a video! Yay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_696ROooM0&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    I like videos. Specifically videos of guns. And dogs.

Not cats though.

Swell.

Does this mean I get to shoot it when I come up next to visit?

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I've not seen the duo-tone, but I typically prefer my guns to be all the same color anyway.

I'm very impressed with this piece, especially for the price. It's fed everything flawlessly so far, and accuracy is far better than what I can match. Would not hesitate to recommend it to anybody. And that full rail adds more weight to the front-end, which helps keep the front down during recoil. Very smooth shooter.

Overall, probably an 8 out of 10. It loses points for only coming with 1 magazine, and for having a huge billboard on the side. Neither of which are really "critical" issues, but would be nice to have resolved.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I've not seen the duo-tone, but I typically prefer my guns to be all the same color anyway.

I'm very impressed with this piece, especially for the price. It's fed everything flawlessly so far, and accuracy is far better than what I can match. Would not hesitate to recommend it to anybody. And that full rail adds more weight to the front-end, which helps keep the front down during recoil. Very smooth shooter.

Overall, probably an 8 out of 10. It loses points for only coming with 1 magazine, and for having a huge billboard on the side. Neither of which are really "critical" issues, but would be nice to have resolved.

Check this thread out on the 1911 forums.. New Logo - Any Way to Make It More Subtle? - 1911Forum

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Weird that they call a single stack with a unique slide and a long dust cover a "2011." I was really hoping it'd be a double stack since STI's patent is expired.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Well, it's just THEIR "2011 model" of the Tactical 1911.

I tested it out with some Winchester SXZ 45s yesterday. Man those are some hot loads; recoil was quite a bit more stout than with WWB. No feeding issues though; it ate them like a champ.

And, I got my holster in! I'll have to post pictures later. I ordered a custom one from DaKruiser, here on INGO. He does great work.

biggjimm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Grant Co.
    Good looking pistol. I just traded my super nice RIA nickel plated fs 1911 for a xdm40 that I've been wanting for awhile. As much as I liked that .45 this xdm40 is a really sweet shooter. Besides the .45 was a little too snappy for my wife & daughter to handle it comfortably. The .40 is a little easier on them.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I said I'd get a picture up with the new holster, and I'm finally getting around to it.

Holster from DaKruiser, here on INGO. Ordered it, he said it would take a month for custom work, and he delivered right on time. I wanted a black leather, pancake-style, 3-slot holster for my RIA Tactical. I had had trouble finding one, because of that full-length rail. If it had been a half-rail, no problem, but with the full-length one, I was pretty much restricted to custom work.

I am glad I chose DaKruiser. The workmanship is excellent, and is even more extraordinary in the fact that he used his own 1911, (which does not have a full rail, that I am aware of,) to make the holster. So basically, he made the holster based on some PICTURES of my gun that I sent him.

Fit is tight. A hair too tight when I first got it, which means that it is going to be perfect after a bit of break-in. Exactly the way I wanted it. It has already improved quite a bit just in the two days that I've been wearing it around the house.

Overall, I am VERY impressed, and would order from him again. I'll try to do a full review after I have gotten to carry outside the house with it. We've been shut-in's this holiday weekend.

2012-09-02211912.jpg

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I just tried this on my new Rock Island, worked great, quick and easy!! My older RI has a plain black slide, I like that a lot better.

I will be picking up a bottle of perma-blue or similar next time I hit the store. This is definitely on my to-do list. Looks so simple, even *I* can't screw it up!

Top Bottom