• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rooze1986

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 26, 2014
    NWI
    Thanks for the video cagilber, it's nice to see it in action. Glad to see Ruger did away with the loaded chamber indicator bar. I wasn't a real big fan of that

Peter McM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    If it had a lefty slide release I'd be all over it the day it comes out...

In fact, I might be, anyway.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I'm pretty sure there are some already for sale. lc9s For Sale ? Buy lc9s Online at GunBroker.com

Also, Kentucky Gun Co had them for sale for 349.99, but they are no longer in stock. I'm not sure if this was just the initial release, or if there is a steady stream coming.
    Ruger tends to only announce their new guns when distributors have a decent supply. According to the email that I got and Ruger sent to FFL holders announcing the gun, it's in stock and ready to be ordered.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    Anyone know if there is NS for LC9? Looks like something I might try. I held the LC380 and thought trigger not bad, never tried the LC9. LC9s might be another CCW for me. Just bought an SW Bodyguard 380, but ball ammo is HIGH and hard to find.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    [video=youtube;KFbj9M1qUws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFbj9M1qUws[/video]

Looks good.

Add a Viridian Reactor TL light....:shoot:

2:17 - Magazine inserted

2:18 - Slide racked, bullet chambered

2:19 - Left hand in front of muzzle for some reason, then moved

2:23 - Gun is fired

That's a good way to self-inflict stigmata :nono:

Other than that...video has me pretty interested. Not a fan of the trigger pull on the LC9, but wouldn't mind giving the striker fired a try

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    I had an LC9 for a bit. Sold it for two reasons.

One: It was clearly stated in the manual NOT to dry fire the pistol. Sorry but dry fire practice is part of my routine. If I can't do dry fire drills I don't need the pistol.

And two: Not +P rated. While this is not necessarily a deal killer as +P ammo has stout recoil in small framed guns, It would still be nice to know the gun could take the abuse. Couple this with lack of dry fire and its a dead duck in my book.

Seems the old LC9 was a bit of a delicate flower. I wonder if they beefed the new one up any.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Really? I've had nothing but good things to say about all three Nanos I've had. What problems have you seen? Mine have been flawless!

Jams, lots of jams (variety of ammo, pressures, etc...) and light strikes (two so far). And with people that know and take care of their firearms. The plus side with working at a range is that one gets to see alot of firearms and there's a lot of fail out there.

One fella sent his back to Beretta for jams, got it back after a lengthy wait, only to have it start light striking. Outside of the 92 series, Beretta needs to stop resting on it's laurels...

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Jams, lots of jams (variety of ammo, pressures, etc...) and light strikes (two so far). And with people that know and take care of their firearms. The plus side with working at a range is that one gets to see alot of firearms and there's a lot of fail out there.

One fella sent his back to Beretta for jams, got it back after a lengthy wait, only to have it start light striking. Outside of the 92 series, Beretta needs to stop resting on it's laurels...

I guess anyone can have problems. I'd have to think if they're that bad, however, having had three different ones over the last couple of years I'd have seen issues with at least one of them? I DID have one failure to extract shooting lacquered steel case brown bear, but that was only once and I've not had any issues with any other ammo.

Top Bottom