• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    For a popper of possible bad guys up close, might be OK for some.
    As a plinking gun, nope.
    The ol lady might buy one, she has a plate and screws in her wrist.
    If I get a .22 lr pistol it will be a Hammerli Xesse
    Done shooting the other stuff (Smith, High Standard, Ruger)

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I was somewhat interested until I saw they ruined it with a manual "safety" lever and a magazine disconnect. Why, or why Ruger? The .380 version has neither.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was somewhat interested until I saw they ruined it with a manual "safety" lever and a magazine disconnect. Why, or why Ruger? The .380 version has neither.

The LCP II can be had with a manual safety.

33447-DEFAULT-l.jpg

And the one I handled has a mag safety too.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    22lr in a LCP? Terrible idea, two short of a barrel for 22lr, rainbow trajectory.

My father now closing in on 80 likes a small 22lr. He carries one in his front pocket. He can't work the slide of his 1911 45acp anymore. So he just carries a 22lr pistol. He might be interested in something like this.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Oh really? Which model number? The one in your pic only shows a slide release, no safety.

Would be great if they offered the LCP II in 22LR both ways.

My bad. I think you're correct. My F-I-L had a LCP and the small LC9 9mm. It came with an orange dummy mag to defeat the mag safety. I also remember playing with the manual safety. That's how I got them mixed up. :fogey:

So you are correct. The .380 doesn't have either safety.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I ordered one from Grabagun. Once I get it I'll run it through the paces and report back. I mainly got it for a fun gun and a trainer for my LCP in 380. Truth be told, I would feel just fine having 11 rounds of mini mags in my pocket.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Saw an LCP .22LR in Greenwood at Point Blank yesterday: $319. (Hoosier Armory lists them for $290 but "out of stock" presently)
    It is really, really small.
    As someone who has had "all" the small guns in .22, .25 & .32 & especially 9mm, I am curious about this.
    I saw a great vid about it 2 weeks ago.
    My favorite range caliber especially now that I'm retired is the .22LR.
    I've sold nearly every other caliber this past year except for a "few" that are keepers, or in "rotation" (not keepers: to be bought, shot, sold).
    If they put one in the rental section, maybe I'll be able to shoot one w/o buying one, or I'll have to wait a year for them to be on the used market.
    Although, the LCR .22LR in 2" DOA & 3" with a hammer "never" come up for sale used and when they do they are for nearly what I can buy them new.
    If I thought I'd keep it for a year (if it had 2 magazines), I'd be tempted to buy it new, but I can't imagine it wouldn't get "cycled/rotated."
    I'm actually more fascinated with the Glock 44 after seeing the vids of range times.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    My bad. I think you're correct. My F-I-L had a LCP and the small LC9 9mm. It came with an orange dummy mag to defeat the mag safety. I also remember playing with the manual safety. That's how I got them mixed up.

No worries. With all the variants of models that are introduced these days, it's tough to keep up.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I hate to report the gun I got is a lemon. I broke my own rule to never buy a gun when it first comes out, and now im paying for it.:) 300 rounds of mini mags through the gun. Multiple light primer strikes per magazine. Fun little gun when it goes bang. Unfortunely thats not very often. Back to Ruger it goes

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I hate to report the gun I got is a lemon. I broke my own rule to never buy a gun when it first comes out, and now im paying for it.:) 300 rounds of mini mags through the gun. Multiple light primer strikes per magazine. Fun little gun when it goes bang. Unfortunately that's not very often. Back to Ruger it goes

I am surprised since I hadn't heard of any negatives online (not that I've had any time lately with the remodel). :dunno:
    I always have a dozen different brands of ammo around and try the better ones on any new gun.
    I have had few guns shoot poorly the first few mags and after cleaning and more mags it got better until 0 malfunctions started happening.
    The small guns seem particularly prone to do this.
    I used to really panic when this would happen, but now realize that's the way business is done in the manufacturing world: shame on them :nono:).
    I remember the Sig 365 had light primer strikes on the early-release models (just don't understand that! :wallbash:).
    That's why when I read where the Glock 44 took 3 yrs. (not 1 yr.) to perfect it so all .22LR ammo would work was amazing. :thumbsup:
    Kudos to Glock! I've only had 4 Glocks b/c I didn't see anything special about them over the 8 CZs, and more Rugers & many SWs that I had.
    I wouldn't even care if it only worked with the basic ammo brands, just as long as it didn't take only 1 or 2 particular ammo brands.
    Truly sympathetic about your experience.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Follow up about light primer strikes.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/12/30/tfb-review-ruger-lcp-ii-22-lr/

TFB Review: The New Ruger LCP II 22 LR

I tested the LCP II 22LR using various types of ammunition and had stellar results with almost everything.
    My first 10 or so magazines had quite a few failures to fire with all of them being due to light primer strikes.
    After the first dozen or so magazines the gun ran next to flawlessly with only a few malfunctions here and there in regards to the slide locking back on the last round which could have been due to the ammunition I was using (36 gr Monarch).

I probably put at least two or three bricks of CCI mini mags through it while I was fishing for malfunctions, I was pleased to find none using that particular ammunition.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I hate to report the gun I got is a lemon. I broke my own rule to never buy a gun when it first comes out, and now im paying for it.:) 300 rounds of mini mags through the gun. Multiple light primer strikes per magazine. Fun little gun when it goes bang. Unfortunely thats not very often. Back to Ruger it goes

Sorry to hear of the light strikes , please keep us updated on this. I guess I'll scratch the LCP II off the "to buy" list for now. Still need to check out the G44 as I shoot my 22 handguns more than anything else.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Sorry to hear of the light strikes , please keep us updated on this. I guess I'll scratch the LCP II off the "to buy" list for now. Still need to check out the G44 as I shoot my 22 handguns more than anything else.

Thanks! It’s on its way to Ruger now. I’ve
    never mailed a gun in for repair. Surprisingly easy

Top Bottom