New Ruger P series mags getting hard to find?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I use a P90 as my daily knock around piece, and after spending virtually all day watching Clint Smith training videos, I thought I should probably get a few more extra mags...

Turns out that's easier said than done. I managed to get 2 new Ruger mags from CDNN, but that's all that I could find in stock. Midway wouldn't allow back orders and ShopRuger is out of stock too. There are some new ones on ePay at double prices, and of course pro mags everywhere.

Are these discontinued or something? I know the P series are archaic by a lot of standards, and I don't imagine many guys carrying them these days, but there are so many out there that I never imagines mags would get hard to find. Glock, AR and AK mags are still dirt cheap and available everywhere, so I doubt there was a sudden run on P series mags.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Thanks for the links. Brownells let me add over 100 of them to my cart, and I have reason to believe they probably don't have over 100 of them (since between the 2 of us, we've found 4 in stock places that are not Brownells, and I already bought half of those), but the first link seems legit.

I'll leave those for the next guy. I'm just wondering if the supply of them is going away for good or what.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    LGS had a barn sale last year and had some aftermarket high capacity mags for the p90 (15 rd I think). Since I have a P944 not a P90 I passed. Keep your eyes open and you will find some in odd places.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    LGS had a barn sale last year and had some aftermarket high capacity mags for the p90 (15 rd I think). Since I have a P944 not a P90 I passed. Keep your eyes open and you will find some in odd places.

I kinda like to run original equipment mags in my stuff unless it's impossible. I've never had a Ruger mag fail me. Appreciate the suggestion all the same!

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Was just looking through my CC statement and noticed Hyatt refunded my purchase... Never got an email or phone call from them about being out of stock so I don't know what happened, but it looks like I may have bought the last 2 new .45ACP P series mags in the US (from the usual suspects anyhow) when I ordered the first ones from CDNN (which arrived days ago)... :laugh:

Also, never having bought from Hyatt before, I doubt I'll be a repeat customer since I got zilcho for communication on that, but at least they did send my money back. It's not worth the effort to hound after them as to find out what went wrong.

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    The p90 is a dinosaur but when I graduated high school in 1996 my father purchased me a p90dc. I still have it but I really no longer mess with it. It’s in the gun safe. I remember going to a gun show and picking it up and my father telling me it’s your graduation gift
    It was $425.

Now a days I don’t think young men would get a firearm as a gift. But that’s another story. I did actually just look at night sights for it the other day but nah.

I will say it’s a solid weapon and the way that slide moves during recoil is awesome. Big heavy and a bit clunky by today’s standards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom