• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Went to the new Rural King here in Bloomington today. They actually had ammo on the shelves!!! I picked up two boxes of WPA 9mm, not the best price I've ever paid, but $13.99/50 isn't horrible either.

Also they have tannerite, .50 cal ammo cans, and soon... Firearms, including handguns! They are hoping to get another shipment of ammo in tonight or tomorrow. They were sold out of .22 and .223, most of the 9mm by the time I was there at 1:30. They do have AR15 magazines for $15.95 each.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    EVERYONE GO CLEAN THEM OUT!

It's a great idea for all of you to go and buy all of it, even the shotshells this time so we can really show them we want ammo...

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville

It's a great idea for all of you to go and buy all of it, even the shotshells this time so we can really show them we want ammo...

Actually, I've seen some shot shell shelves cleaned at several stores recently.

I think people go in to buy ammo and decide to buy something, so they grab some shot shells.

I also recently read that Federal plans a ~20% increase in the price of shot shells too. It's on the internet, so it must be true.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington

What is your problem? I've seen you post confrontational posts on a couple other threads concerning ammo. Some of us just need ammo for our supplies to be able to go out and shoot. I for one was down to under 300 rounds of 9mm.... I can burn through that in one afternoon!

Last edited:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Awesome! I'll hit them tomorrow at lunch.

TBE,
    I went to put the .22 LR you gave me and discovered I had stashed away 1500 rounds that I had forgotten about. I have offered it up to a gentlemen in another thread that has a son that received a .22 from his Grandfather for Christmas, and hasn't been able to shoot because lack of ammo. I've informed the gentlemen that I want nothing for the ammo, other than to take his boy to an Appleseed, and pay it forward once the insanity dies down. Hope that's OK... If you need the .22 for an Appleseed, I've got more.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Thanks for the report, JA. In regards to the fire arms, did they say what they'd be carrying?

Not at the time, I was eavesdropping on a conversation between another customer and the clerk who was manning the area. They did say both long arms and hand guns would be carried, that coupled with the fact that they are already have AR15 mags leads me to believe that they will offer a diverse selection.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not at the time, I was eavesdropping on a conversation between another customer and the clerk who was manning the area. They did say both long arms and hand guns would be carried, that coupled with the fact that they are already have AR15 mags leads me to believe that they will offer a diverse selection.

Cool. Thanks. More competition is a good thing for consumers!

Amac91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    NWI
    My roommate and I noticed it on our last trip to Sam's Club and decided to not go in. Damn it! Time to add a new store to my grocery routine.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    TBE,
    I went to put the .22 LR you gave me and discovered I had stashed away 1500 rounds that I had forgotten about. I have offered it up to a gentlemen in another thread that has a son that received a .22 from his Grandfather for Christmas, and hasn't been able to shoot because lack of ammo. I've informed the gentlemen that I want nothing for the ammo, other than to take his boy to an Appleseed, and pay it forward once the insanity dies down. Hope that's OK... If you need the .22 for an Appleseed, I've got more.

That's more than OK, that's awesome!

I'll let you know if we need more ammo, thank you for the offer. I'm talking to the hoosier trails boy scout council right now about their ammo needs. When I get a number from them, I'll post it up.

Thanks for keeping the faith.
    :rockwoot:

wolfeden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Medaryville
    Rochester Indiana just had the grand opening this past weekend. They still have .17hmr on the shelf but little in .22 .223 or .308. I did pick up a RCBS supreme press for $129.95. They have about a dozen left on the shelf. I was told that the Rochester store has applied for thier FFL license over a year ago, still waiting. They will carry firearms when the permit comes in. The best thing I like about BigR is they are still selling at pre shortage prices.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Actually, I've seen some shot shell shelves cleaned at several stores recently.

I think people go in to buy ammo and decide to buy something, so they grab some shot shells.

I also recently read that Federal plans a ~20% increase in the price of shot shells too. It's on the internet, so it must be true.

and you are right there to tell me about it, I must ask what is wrong with you?
    Do you love me or want to "get with me"? Aint' happening. Don't swing that way...

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    That's more than OK, that's awesome!

I'll let you know if we need more ammo, thank you for the offer. I'm talking to the hoosier trails boy scout council right now about their ammo needs. When I get a number from them, I'll post it up.

Thanks for keeping the faith.
    :rockwoot:

Not a problem at all, I just had completely forgotten that I had purchased a few bulk packs last fall, shoved them in an ammo can and forgot all about them!

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    and you are right there to tell me about it, I must ask what is wrong with you?
    Do you love me or want to "get with me"? Aint' happening. Don't swing that way...

Seriously? You clearly have a chip on your shoulder.

I was responding, which is what we do on this forum.

I suppose Jesus would have definitely started asking me about my sexual orientation when I responded on an internet forum about shotgun shells.

Wow. I don't know what has made you so angry with the world, but you should really lighten up.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    and I get tired of you singling me out for having an opinion you disagree with and making it personal.

If you disagree, then fine but saying I have a problem because you disagree is sort of like me thinking your a homo for following me around all the time.

Get it? I MEAN IT'S JUST AS RIDICULOUS. So how about laying off and simply keeping this about opinions.

You come off angry by stalking me, I just think it's time you grow up and try not to take me personally all the time. I don't know or want to know you. Get it?

Top Bottom