• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I wonder what mags it takes. Will it take another popular mag like a Shield or G43 like the Mossberg did?

Other than that, probably just another poly micro nine, a little late to the game. Maybe if the price is right. Time will tell. But with the hi-cap micros out there I don't see it doing well.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I wonder what mags it takes. Will it take another popular mag like a Shield or G43 like the Mossberg did?

Other than that, probably just another poly micro nine, a little late to the game. Maybe if the price is right. Time will tell. But with the hi-cap micros out there I don't see it doing well.
    I was thinking they were introducing their micro higher capacity pistol. I thought the same that it being a single stack would hinder sales unless the price is right :). However, it's good to see another firearm introduced to the market. I'm sure this won't be the only pistol model for Savage.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The new hotness in micro-9? MSRP starts at $479, comes one 7 and one 8 round mag.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Yeah, I think being a single-stack could doom it (but I do love the fact that it’s truly, fully ambidextrous).
    Lots of people with smaller hands like the single-stack 9s. Or even those that want a smaller footprint. Don't forget, if you had a great design that appealed to the women gun owners, you'd sell the snot out of them.

there ARE a lot of existing choices though.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Late and underwhelming? seven round mag?! it's almost 2022!

Haven't held one or seen it compared to other offerings side by side but from the video, not exactly what I'd call "Micro" to.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's interesting but as others have said, it does not bring anything to the table that isn't already there.

When I see a brand new gun, I think lack of support from holster makers for a while, hard to find spare mags and little aftermarket support for things like sights.

Now, if the gun is truly bringing something new, I might accept those issues if what it brings offsets them. I'm not seeing that here.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    It's interesting but as others have said, it does not bring anything to the table that isn't already there.

When I see a brand new gun, I think lack of support from holster makers for a while, hard to find spare mags and little aftermarket support for things like sights.

Now, if the gun is truly bringing something new, I might accept those issues if what it brings offsets them. I'm not seeing that here.
    I can assure you, this is a totally new name for a pistol! :D

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Yeah ... Sam Colt was probably wishing Savage would stay in their own lane too!
    savage-north-figure-8-navy-revolver-serial-number-1-ah5675.jpg

Top Bottom