• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    i enjoyed this show for a little bit but then lost interest. seemed like it was turning into more reality tv instead of a shooting competition....im also loosing interest quickly with sons of guns.

That is exactly what I was thinking!
    They need to stop the BS and get back to the competition.
    I stopped watching sons of guns long ago.:twocents:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Geoge felt like a jerk when he said he'd use the winnings to blow on guns and parties, then Brian and Chris gave heart felt emotional responses about how it would help their kids and family.

George was an ass the whole show, but redeeming qualities are nice to see as well. A sniper missed a rifle shot, 'nuff said

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    All the male competitors seem to gang up on the ladies

It would help if they had ladies on the show who could actually shoot. :dunno:

With the exception of the one last year who had to leave halfway through due to a family emergency, the female contestants have been real duds, IMO. The word "token" comes to mind.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    It would help if they had ladies on the show who could actually shoot. :dunno:

With the exception of the one last year who had to leave halfway through due to a family emergency, the female contestants have been real duds, IMO. The word "token" comes to mind.

That is true, The guy last night won the challenge round pretty decisively

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ok, I do enjoy this show - but I'm seeing a trend I don't really agree with.

That is the inclusion of more physical activity in place of just straight shooting skill. The show is called "Top Shot" not "Top Soldier/Athlete/etc"

Take, for example, someone like Hickok45. He consistently nails 100yrd targets with pocket pistols, can throw an axe/knife, and is decent with a bow. Pretty much a real decent all around shot with whatever weapon he has - and he is pretty quick about it.

Of course, I don't see someone like him being able to crawl through mud pits and jump obstacles to compete in this season. I dunno, I guess I would just like to see someone win because they are truly a better all around shot... not because they are a better athlete.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The guy last night won the challenge round pretty decisively

Young guy, camp counselor by profession and "self taught" shooter, out-scored an older, military vet/SWAT cop/pistol instructor by more than 100%, using the same make/model weapon that the cop carries on duty! "Decisively" would be an understatement. :):

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ok, I do enjoy this show - but I'm seeing a trend I don't really agree with.

That is the inclusion of more physical activity in place of just straight shooting skill. The show is called "Top Shot" not "Top Soldier/Athlete/etc"

Take, for example, someone like Hickok45. He consistently nails 100yrd targets with pocket pistols, can throw an axe/knife, and is decent with a bow. Pretty much a real decent all around shot with whatever weapon he has - and he is pretty quick about it.

Of course, I don't see someone like him being able to crawl through mud pits and jump obstacles to compete in this season. I dunno, I guess I would just like to see someone win because they are truly a better all around shot... not because they are a better athlete.

Bud I totally agree with you. How would a older shooter compete with the younger ones.:dunno:. Makes it not about marksmanship

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Makes it not about marksmanship

Nobody said it was (solely) about marksmanship. IMO, the title of "Top Shot" should be the one who can perform the best with a variety of weapons under a variety of challenging conditions (be they physical, mental and/or environmental). Watching a bunch of guys shoot static targets from static positions would be no more exciting than golf. :noway:

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    I like that they have to make shots in different ways. It would be boring to just watch them shoot at paper targets. I get sad when people that are good with say a shotgun are eliminated before they get to there type of weapon. I like seeing them using the weapon type they are really good at.

I would like to see some longer range shooting too. They did the 1000yd shot with the Barrett last season. I would like to see them shooting rifles at 300 yards. Maybe I just don't notice it, but they seem to mainly do 75 and 100 yards.

Top Bottom