• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    For those avid readers out there, don't know how many people have heard of this novel.

One Second After by William R. Forstchen

Kind of like a professionally written 'Lights Out'.

I picked it up on Monday, finished it this morning. Very quick read at ~340 pages.

A bit scarier, and even more believable than Lights Out IMO.

Anyways, I would recommend it as a story, even if not just for the subject matter.

Setting is a small town in the hills of North Carolina. Unlike Half-Fast, each chapter is a 'Day'...only twelve chapters, but covering Day 1 to Day 365.

On another note, if anyone in the Munster/Hammond/Highland area wants to read it, they can come pick it up. My books always collect dust after I finish them. It is an unsettling read that most likely won't be re-read...kinda like Schindler's List or Passion of the Christ in a movie comparison.

If anyone else has tackled it already, I would like to hear your thoughts.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Already read it. Its a good book, I would read it again. I will give it a plausible rating. It will open your eyes as to things you may or may not have considered during a crisis event.

If I had a hard copy I would loan it out to others but alas I do not.

I lived in Asheville for a year so I have a good working knowledge of the area in the book. Delivered for Fed Ex as a float driver so I was all over the mountains of WNC. I have actually delivered to the college and chuckled as I imagined the whole thing.

It took me a little longer to read than I hoped but life is hectic so I read when I could.

If ya have an iPhone the Kindle app is a godsend as you don't have to lug books around. I know one day it may no longer work but for now it does.

Getting ready to read 5000 year leap, after One Second After I read Common Sense.

Top Bottom