• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've used a bunch of different brands and types of sights and found the Trijicon HDs seem to be my favorite in all ways except price. As my eyes age (been using them for 52 years now) I find that I need a bright front sight more and more each year. I tried the XS Big Dots and would probably be happy with them if all of my carry guns had them and if I did not ever want to shoot beyond 10 yards. They work decently well for ringing steel fast, but fail miserably when I try to put a group on paper. They'd be better for me if the front sight was in fluorescent yellow though. Still, the different sight picture messes with me when I shoot those somewhat.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm partial to the Trijicon HD Night Sights with a yellow front and rear 'U' notch. They also have a set with the orange front as well.

On my Shield:
    2014-11-17%2016.39.42_zpswg5nzxfz.jpg

I find that that U notch helps me focus on the front sight more than the standard square cut did. That is just my personal opinion though.

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have used the 3-dot Meprolights, but there was too much going on there. Since I tried the AmeriGlo Hackathorn sights, I'm never going back. Love those sights.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Thanks again for the suggestions y'all. I think I'm going to put the Trijicon HD's on my 43 and the Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on my 19. I'll give 'em both some time and see which one works out better.

Top Bottom