• ...and so much more!
  • vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Hello the camp.

I picked up a new Stag M2 yesterday, I've not yet had a chance to get to the range. Once I get to the range, I'll post a range report.

This version has a flat top upper and an F marked FSB. Barrel length is 16 inches and it has a six position collapsible stock. The package included one 30 round aluminum mag and I picked up two 30 round PMags.

I shot some close ups of the castle nut, gas key, feed ramps, barrel markings, and the FSB. Here are a few shots. There are some spots that have a reddish look, just oil. I took a close look at the parts after I got a good look on my computer screen while sizing the shots for the web.

The gas key.
    GasKeyStake.jpg

The FSB.
    FSBFMarked.jpg

Feed ramps.
    FeedRamps.jpg

Right side of the castle nut.
    CastleNutStake2.jpg

Top of castle nut.
    CastleNutStake1.jpg

Barrel marking.
    BarrleMarking.jpg

While I realize that this carbine is not quite mil spec, it is not too bad for the $735.00 I paid for it.

I'll have more photos when I post the range report.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I shot some close ups of the castle nut, gas key, feed ramps, barrel markings, and the FSB.

What do you think this is, ARFcom? :laugh:

If the gun functions, fills the role you want it to fill, and you're happy with it, nobody's going to tear you down because it's not parkerized under the FSB. ;)

Enjoy your rifle!

:ingo:

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Thanks, all of you, for the comments.

Once I get to the range, probably Tuesday morning, I'll post more photos and a range report. The upper/lower fit is good and the trigger pull is better than I expected.

I plan on running it as is for a while, I expect that I'll end up adding a few MagPul items besides the magazines. I know the butt stock will be replaced, the likely replacement will be either the MagPul ACS or the UBR.

jhaynes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I love my left handed Stag. Never had a glitch with it and if you buy any accessories (and you will), they will fit like a glove. The only problem I have with Stag is that they only make black hats LOL. Who wants to shoot on a 90 degree day with a black hat. Would be the perfect rifle if they just made a beige hat. (just kidding). Congrats, You will love your rifle.

Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    Congrats on your new rifle. I have the model 2 also and really like it. So far mine has feed everything I put through it even steel cased. Good rifles in my book.

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I made time to get to the range today for a basic function test. I was short on time and only put 40 rounds of '82 vintage Portuguese 55 gr ball down range.

Function was flawless.

I still plan on doing a full range report when I get the time to put a couple hundred rounds down range.

At this time, I'm planning on a MagPul MOE hand guard and MIAD grip. I'm undecided between the MagPul ACS and the UBR. I picked up a couple 30 round PMags when I transferred the rifle

Later on, I'll be adding an Aimpoint PRO. I'll also be adding a Surefire M952 light.

So far, I could not be happier with this rifle.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    i hav a stag arms M2 skull camo, and i love it. have never had an ammo issue, misfeed, misfire,etc. i get a lot of kudos for the factory finish of my skull camo. congrats on the rifle, if ur anything like me ur gna consider getting another.

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Well, it's been a while. I finally decided on a stock, I went with the ACS-L.

Ordered both of them in black, but the hand guard in the box was OD.

Here are before and after shots along with shot of the Stag in it's case.

First, the case.
    Inthecase.jpg

Before the upgrade.
    StagM2.jpg

After the u[grade.
    StagM2MagpulFurniture.jpg

Next on the list is a light, then either an Aimpoint PRO or their T1 for the optic. I'll also be adding a sling, either the MagPul or an Ares.

Top Bottom