• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i didn't see the msrp , i was gonna ask. either way it would be worth it. a ffp daylight bright 1-4 is pretty smooth. its either that or the new viper pst line which isn't going to be out now till next year now :( super sniper makes a killer product for a great price. i am glad this will be out soon

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I hope it is more in the $299 price range. They will sell like crazy.

hope is about as far as your gonna get with this. there fixed powers sell for that range and the 1-4 is one of the hardest scopes on the market to make. it will sell for more than 500 i guarantee that. the 3-9 ffp with out illumination is going for 550 with some rings and what not. just letting you know not to keep your fingers crossed for that one. they will be easily worth 500-700 bucks depending on the features. i have a couple and some very high end scopes and the super snipers are a great scope for the price. look what the nightforces, khales, zeiss, and the others sell for and they aren't ffp. granted they have better glass and on some zero stops but still. i will let you know if i can get my hands on one i will give everyone a review.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    One feature not listed is eye relief. If long enough they would make prefect sighting system for lever action rifles. Looks like hey mounted em back far enough on the Ar's but it does not say the length.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    One feature not listed is eye relief. If long enough they would make prefect sighting system for lever action rifles. Looks like hey mounted em back far enough on the Ar's but it does not say the length.

I'm thinking about seeing how the EOTech looks on my Marlin Lever gun. Kind of 1894 meets 2010. :rockwoot: :D

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I hope it is more in the $299 price range. They will sell like crazy.

They would sell crazy at that price, but as grunt said - don't expect it. The bottom of the "high end" low-power variable scopes is $399 (for a Leupold VXIII 1.5-5x). If this is a true 1x on the low end with daylight visible illumination, it would be somewhat of a bargain at $599. $750 puts it in line with Swaro and under NF and well under S&B.

I'd prefer that this wasn't a FFP scope. At 1X on an AR (where I'd use it) or even on a shotgun (think deer hunting), the reticle is just too small for me.

For my money, you still have to go a long, long way to beat Trijicon Accupoints in 1.25-4 (which I have on my AR now) or 1-4.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I am wondering the same thing? It does not have an objective bell and the reticle light is a pretty standard feature on most of today's scopes.

Super Sniper has always focused on selling scopes with features that cost twice as much on comparable optics. Having owned a SS scope and knowing their reputation, I am willing to spend $400-$500 on one of these scopes. However, if they can afford to bring it in at a price point around $300, they will be on track to sell many, many more scopes.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ok. Explain it to me why it would be so darn expensive. I would think it would be rather inexpensive to build due to the low magnification and smaller tube diameter.

I've been searching, trying to find this answer. I remember reading that the design of low-powered variable scopes is actually quite complicated (in general) and to get a true 1x on the low end is even more complicated.

If I can find the specific discussion, I'll post it.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    it has to do with fitting the erectors, lens, and other parts in such a small space and having them work properly. not be blurry (the glass helps this out a lot but also they have to work together) track right, ect. And as stated above to get a true 1x is extremely difficult. also on top of that to have a functional daylight bright reticle is very uncommon except for S&B short dot (and if you think the 700 is expensive don't look them up). they are the only ones who have this function in a scope right now. i have the nightforce 1-4x mil/mil w/ zero stops and mil dot reticle and you can't see there illumination if the sun is really shinning and thats annoying.

i didn't see if they were gonna be using there hd glass in this version or not but a buddy of mine has the new 10x w/ hd glass and its almost as good as my nightforce. either way a lot of work goes in to the smaller scopes vs the bigger ones where weight and size isn't so much of a concern

the above explanation isn't super technical and i am sure a scope maker could put it better but its a general over view and some talking points

Last edited:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Trijicon Accupoint have daylight visible illumination. I understand from others that Meopta K-Dot and the Swaro Z6 both have daylight visible illumination. It is too bad that NF and USO's low powered scopes are not daylight visible. At those price points, that should be a forgone conclusion.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Here is another one that I found on-line. It is a Falcon Menace 1.5-5x30 Tactical 30mm scope. Price is $244.95. It is a SFP scope with red/green reticle.

Falcon Menace 1.5-5x30 Tactical 30mm Riflescope

Cannot find any reviews on it. Would like to see one in person.

i bought one of these falcons awhile back and also a menace. both are pretty decent scopes for the money. the illumination on the falcon is not daylight bright. the glass is ok but not near as clear as the ss. also if you have warranty issues falcon being out of england is a pain in the butt to deal with. that scope is also not a true 1x or really even close at 1.5x being as low as you can go. not a big deal if its not on a battle rifle or you won't be doing any really up close work. also they are very slow on producing the scopes so most places don't have them in stock often. but a decent scope for sure and for that price range mil/mil with a mil reticle its a good option.

yes i didn't really consider the meopeta because its basically a red dot and about 800 bucks off the jump also.

as for the swaro lol they are great scopes also but they are around 2k

the trijicon is a great scope i love them just wish they had different reticles for the scopes and if not that then target turrets with a zero stop.

but what's missing on most of the scopes mentioned above is the reticles are dots or cross hairs vs the mildot reticle. also the super sniper has exposed resettable target turrets which i love and none of the others due. if you don't have the target turrets i would definitely want the mil dot reticle for holds and ranging. also most of the above scopes adjust in moa and i am just a mil kinda guy lol. any of them would be great scopes and do exactly what they were designed to do just not my cups of tea if i can't get almost everything in another scope for a similar price point.

the vortex pst is coming out and is another option (but now they are saying not until late January) but you can get matching reticles and turrets. it has a version of a zero stop, is true 1x, has a daylight bright reticle, very very clear glass, and not to mention one of the best if no the best warranty in the business. and the great news on this one is it was selling for around 450 dollars. the first ones that came out had a few issues so they stop selling them to fix them and put in some updates. i can't wait for this whole line to come out.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    the trijicon is a great scope i love them just wish they had different reticles for the scopes and if not that then target turrets with a zero stop.

Accupoint scopes have pop-up turrets. Just as effective as Zero Stop.

but what's missing on most of the scopes mentioned above is the reticles are dots or cross hairs vs the mildot reticle. also the super sniper has exposed resettable target turrets which i love and none of the others due.
    How much, at 4x, are you going to mess with the knobs to justify the expense of target turrets? Even with a crosshair reticle, you're probably not going to put in more than 6 MOA of adjustment (or you'd simply hold over), and that would be enough to get you to 500 with an AR in .223. I agree it would be nice, but I think it would also be one of those (very) seldom used features on this type of scope.

Top Bottom