New Survival gun coming to the market!!!!! MUST WATCH!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Forget the Savage model 24, model 42, M6 scout rifle, Ruger 10/22, AR7, Marlin Papoose, little badger, double badger----NONE OF THESE can compare to this new gun.

12 gauge / 22lr over/under.

Not your cup of tea princess? Put an insert can covert the 12 gauge to multiple calibers.

[video=youtube;yNN78OOw3yo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNN78OOw3yo[/video]

It looks just like the m6 scout but without having to pay over $900 for the rifle. This is great for your truck, home, B.O.B or just all around plinking.

Start saving!

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Interesting. 12 calibers: 22lr, .380, 9mm, 40, 38spec, 357mag, 45acp, 45lc, 44mag, 410, 20ga, 12ga. And supposedly 5 of those will be suppressible. I'll be interested in the reviews and accuracy tests when it comes out.

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    What's a .22 lc?
    Did they hire the same company that H&K did for their catalog?

Sounds interesting. Especially the suppressor that is able to screw on multiple caliber inserts, as well as being contained in the barrel.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Forget the gimmicky inserts, no one will pay $400+ for those, just to have them in case SHTF, because they are inpracticle for any other use. I especially would never put a supressor on the end of a 18.5" barrel that has a 7" insert inside it--Goodbye supressor.

So all this really is, is a 12g/22lr combo with a foam stock (that probably won't stay afloat because of the 12g barrel) and that folds in half. So the only practical advantages over the m6 scout is: 1) It is 12g instead of .410, and 2) It folds. The disadvantages would probably be that 12g barrels are twice as heavy as .410, and the recoil of 12g could be significant with such a light stock. Honestly, it is pretty cool, but I'd probably prefer the m6 for its overall lighter weight, and shooting comfort.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    These things tend to appeal more to the survivalist then the outdoorsman. Birdshot, buckshot and slugs kill a metric ton of game. #4 buck is very versatile in the field. I always carry a Glock when I hunt. It is nothing to add a Ruger MKII or III to my belt or a youth .22 bolt to my day pack. Adding a can is no big problem.

1 gauge and two calibers are more then enough to survive with but I am not stuck with a single shot in brush with limited view and large predators or humans. Same goes for hunting with an AR. A .22lr bolt in your pack gives you two calibers. A good scope like a Nikon BDC makes it easy to dial in both.

in these situations the Outdoorsman with focus and skills will out hunt and outlast the survivalist with Caliber ADD thus meaning only one is really focused on surviving.

columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    the point of having a 22lr/12 gauge with different caliber inserts, to me, is a genius idea. In a SHTF situation, you might have to scavenge for ammo or maybe even barter. 1 gun that can shoot all sorts of ammo is a huge plus.

This weapon is a must for my preps.

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    Forget the gimmicky inserts, no one will pay $400+ for those, just to have them in case SHTF, because they are inpracticle for any other use. I especially would never put a supressor on the end of a 18.5" barrel that has a 7" insert inside it--Goodbye supressor.
    I thought they said the suppressor attached to the insert and went into the barrel,

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    So this is a great concept except!

Designed by Chiappa? :n00b:

7" adapters on an 18" barrel? Ummmm, I know that tools and materials aren't cheap and I get that this is not a distance shooter, but what about the chaos between the 7th in and the end of the barrel?
    I'd have made it at least 12" and rifled for accuracy

Suppressor? Someone said it straight up, gooooooood byeeeeeee suppressor.

A quick fix: weigh down the stock more; lengthen the inserts, drop the supressor option unless the insert is full length AND rifled fully.

Great concept, but typical Chiappa presentation (good idea, poor product)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    the point of having a 22lr/12 gauge with different caliber inserts, to me, is a genius idea. In a SHTF situation, you might have to scavenge for ammo or maybe even barter. 1 gun that can shoot all sorts of ammo is a huge plus.

This weapon is a must for my preps.

In a SHTF you will not be carrying this gun plus all the adapters with you on a bug-out. The whole weight thing and all...

So that leaves this for bug-in... when bugging in I would much rather have multiple guns that shoot various calibers than a single gun that can be converted to shoot a multitude of calibers. It's also a single-shot which is a big downer for self-defense...

Really it sounds to me like you have this fantasy that this is your last resort gun for when all the ammo runs out... the money you will have spent on the gun plus caliber conversions (just in case you run out of one caliber) will buy you one heck of a large ammo stockpile for a quality firearm in a dedicated caliber...

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I see this gun as a gimmick gun. If you want a over and under there are a couple of CO. that make good ones. 223 over a 12 or 20. They also make a 30-06 over a 12. There a lot of them out there. You can find used Savages in the model V24 in all sorts of combos, the most common being a 22 over a 410.

I am not saying that they are not, I repeat not a good idea. What I am saying is in a SHTF condition you are going to need a gun that you know how to use and have ammo for and you will not want a single shot. If for God for bid you have to defend your self from a couple of guys, you will not want to be stuck with a single shot.

You will need a gun that you can shoot at 100 yards and hit the bull. A gun that you like to shoot. So no you don't want some thing that is going to hurt you every time you pull the trigger. No 500 what ever. Pick a round that is common. In short you don't want a round that you have to hunt for in good times.

Now me personally I shoot rounds that are from the 308 family. 243 Remington, 308 Winchester, 358 Winchester and the 358 Hoosier. All of them can be made using a 308 case and a full length sizer die. I stock 1000 rounds of new 308 Winchester brass and 500 or more bullets for each round. I have on hand no less than 100 rounds of factory loaded ammo for each caliber and twice that in hand loads. Yes, I keep plenty of primers and powder that each gun likes.

Now is that the answer to end all problems? No way no how. It is a stop gap for the common man that will work if things go wrong. I have 10/22s and all sorts of hand guns that fire every thing from 22 to 44 mag. I have a couple of ARs that shoot 5.56 and 6mm X 45. I also have lots of shot guns. Would I take the hole group on the road if things went very badly? No. I would pick a turn bolt, AR, hand gun and a Shot gun then have my wife do the same thing and take all the ammo and reloading stuff for each. As I have said before I am not walking away from my place. If I am forced to go it wll be with the travel trailer, our food and the guns we think we will need. Other than that we will stay here and die on home ground.

dontcha

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    Not me, thanks. I'll just use the same 9mm pocket auto I normally use. That suffices for dog packs, men, rabid animals. Snares, gill nets, trotlines, fish traps, box traps made out of overlapped woven fence wire. All make far more sense than hunting for small game. The latter burns too many calories and exposes you to enemy fire, way too much. Traps and nets and lines can be serviced at night. If it's shtf, give me an AR-15, not some single shot or bolt action or mere .22lr. I have a .22lr conversion unit for my AR and it works just fine.

Top Bottom