• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Looks like the Taurus website isn't complete. It's missing a lot of details they normally have for their firearms.

Wow supposedly Taurus is going to make a TH10 aka 10mm

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Problem is...it's a Taurus
    Have you shot their new offerings?
    TX22
    G3 series
    GX4

I have around a 30 year old Model 44 6.5" barrel. It has thousands of rounds through it without any problem.
    I've shot two different G2c to 1000+ rounds (500rds a day two days in a row around 2 hours Total as I ran one as hard as I could. Had to stop to load the original 12rd magazines.)
    Just picked up a G3x for a Total of $247.
    TX22 is just reliable. It's accurate it's made in Georgia USA.

I've shot it 147gr HST's, and 147gr polymer coated RN reloads, some very old 95gr polymer coated RN reloads through it so far. Only 135rds so far. Long way to go to 1000rds.
    My tests for carry gun is shoot 1000rds of different brands, reloads, bullet weights, types of bullets such as HP, FMJ, RN, FN etc. Clean and lube it to start, do not clean again until after 1000rds. Lube as needed.
    I've not had a Taurus fail.

So do you have any experience with the latest semiautomatic offerings, or even shot a newer Taurus 1000rds?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    TX22
    G3 series
    GX4

I have around a 30 year old Model 44 6.5" barrel. It has thousands of rounds through it without any problem.
    I've shot two different G2c to 1000+ rounds (500rds a day two days in a row around 2 hours Total as I ran one as hard as I could. Had to stop to load the original 12rd magazines.)

I've shot it 147gr HST's, and 147gr polymer coated RN reloads, some very old 95gr polymer coated RN reloads through it so far. Only 135rds so far. Long way to go to 1000rds.
    My tests for carry gun is shoot 1000rds of different brands, reloads, bullet weights, types of bullets such as HP, FMJ, RN, FN etc. Clean and lube it to start, do not clean again until after 1000rds. Lube as needed.

So do you have any experience with the latest semiautomatic offerings, or even shot a newer Taurus 1000rds?
    I had a first gen 24/7 Compact I put 500+ rds through. IT was flawless. The trigger was mushy like all striker fired guns to me (after 1911's and hammer fired guns striker fired feel bad). I wouldn't hesitate to but another.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Got a email from Taurus about the MSRP on the TH45. $530.

TH40's and TH9's are running around $260
    Their MSRP is $390.

So I'm guessing $330-390 for the TH45.

IN New Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2017
    Terre Haute
    TX22
    G3 series
    GX4

My experience has been with their revolvers. I'm 0 for 2 with them. My first was a .22LR revolver whose cylinder would bind up and lock after 25 rounds or so. Sent it back to Taurus. They claimed they fixed it. They didn't. Ended up sending it a gunsmith in Ohio who fixed it properly. PAID for that.

Second was a newly released 856 Defender 3 inch SS revolver. It went out of time with the cylinder not rotating after only 266 rounds. PAID to send it back to Taurus. They returned it with a letter saying it was repaired. It wasn't; still out out of time. Sent the gun back with a video showing the cylinder not turning as I attempted to fire it at the range. They didn't want to see the video, and didn't until I got them on the phone and said "Look at the video!!!" They said I was pulling the trigger too slowly!! WHAT?? Sent it back with another letter saying it was fixed. It wasn't. Finally PAID to have a local gunsmith fix it.

This is why I don't like Taurus. First hand experience.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Interesting. Gonna keep an out for one on the shelf but will probably wait a bit until there's been a few tests made on it before buying. I also prefer the hammer over a striker, so this should be up my alley. Lighter, cheaper, and higher capacity than a 1911.
    I've also got a few other Taurii, a couple of G2c, one has close to 2000 rounds and another with close to 1000 with no gun related failures, and a TX22 with I don't know how many rounds, only failures were mag related.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Interesting. Gonna keep an out for one on the shelf but will probably wait a bit until there's been a few tests made on it before buying. I also prefer the hammer over a striker, so this should be up my alley. Lighter, cheaper, and higher capacity than a 1911.
    I've also got a few other Taurii, a couple of G2c, one has close to 2000 rounds and another with close to 1000 with no gun related failures, and a TX22 with I don't know how many rounds, only failures were mag related.
    That is what I'm going to do as well. I also don't want to pay any inflated new price if that is a thing for Taurus.

Also I'm hoping the TH10 will come out soon. If it isn't outrageous priced for a Taurus I might get one after the reviews say they are good to go.

Top Bottom