New temp job- moving to INDY--help with areas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tonybia

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    7   1   1
    Apr 24, 2013
    Ok so I am looking to travel to INDY for 3 months possibly more. I live about 2.5 hours away and will need to be near the IU Methodist, Rileys hospitals. I will be traveling back home when i have a few days off at a time... In trying to find an apartment/house/etc. to lease/sublease/rent: what areas are safe and yet close? One possibility that has surfaced is on/near millersville road and 42nd. Is that a decent area for a middle aged white man? Any suggestions, hints tips?

Thanks,
    T

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Code:
    Do you work in healthcare or have a horribly controlled congenital disease? :):

are re you looking for house or apartment/condo? Do you want a downtown feel or urban suburb so to speak?

tonybia

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    7   1   1
    Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks for the thought provoking questions! I do not care where the "place" is as long as it is safe to live there and I can get a good nights sleep and I really don't want to drive more than 15-20 minutes to get to work. I do work in healthcare and as far as cost- the cheaper the better ...but a range of 1-900 a month for furnished would be workable. The way I look at it, I will be working 13-14 hour days and pretty much just working, sleeping and eating the days I am there and then heading back home if I have a few days off.

Does that help any?

T

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Contact Roadie or Esrice about accommodations. My family stayed at their hotel for a couple of months prior to our move. It had everything we needed and is in a safe area.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Heck, look at Lockefield Gardens by IU's campus. I lived there in medschool. Not sure they offer furnished, but it's quiet and right smack by the hospitals. Can take the people mover to Methodist and walk to the others.

Top Bottom