• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MegaTank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Goshen
    So I have a rifle. model 1917 30-06. I have a handgun. beretta 92fs. The handgun was the only one i did research on. The 1917 i got lucky on as far as I'm concerned. I have been trying to find a used 12 ga shotgun for under 200. My other option is to just buy a maverick 88 or pardener pump. I do know where there is a remington model 11 semi auto for sale for 350. Any thoughts on the shotgun aspect of this? I will admit the remington model 11 really seems cool. The action is nice and tight and the price seems to be right. Not sure if its worth it to buy the semi auto or try to find a pump. I will be using the shotgun primarily for home defense but i like to go shooting and will probably be playing with it every chance I get.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I would re-think your home defense, and use your Beretta for your HD firearm. If you really had to clear your house, you don't want to round corners with a long gun, to easy for someone to grab, plus you are limited on rounds in the gun. I want to add, you are limited on the rounds that a shotgun can hold, AR, different story.
    You are more likely to encounter two or people in a home defense situation.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Use that money for training or another handgun.

Last edited:

MegaTank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Goshen
    The Beretta is going to be my carry gun as soon as my permit comes in. I plan on doing some training for sure. I have been working with my handgun at the range i would say a fair amount. I bought it 3 weeks ago and have put around 500 rounds through it. Bought the wilson combat guide rod to replace the polymer one. I guess im just concerned on how reliable the model 11 is versus a pump that is newer. I know the model 11 is a browning patent. almost identical to the a5 from my understanding.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Model 11's are quality firearms, and the A5 is a solid design. Make sure whatever ammo you pick to make sure it runs it though. They can at times be finicky about loadings due to their recoil based operating mechanism so I'd suggest picking up a few different brands and loads and seeing how well each operates.

Top Bottom