New to Bloomington - What's fun around here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nsolimini

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ellettsville
    I am in the Ellettsville area, same age too. There are two other folks on INGO that happen to be my neighbors. I would say The Tap, Nick's, and Brothers were my favorite spots to go have some drinks and meet people.

As far as fun stuff to do, I don't think Bloomington has much except for the bars and good food. When it warms up, take a trip over to Nashville and go eat at Big Woods. It is a nice drive out to Brown County and an awesome place to eat.

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    So I just moved to the Bloomington area some things I'd like to know...
    What are some fun/interesting places to visit?
    What's some good places to meet people ?
    Where are some good places to take a date or even friends?
    How can I find clubs and activities here? I'm not having much luck online.

Bullwinkle's :D

:gheyhi:

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Big woods is worth the drive. If you like good beer, they also own Quaff On tap room on Grant street right across from the library in Bloomington. Nick's, Trojan Horse, and Irish Lion are all pretty good places to eat.

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    That place still there? Sometime after I left IU, someplace called Uncle Elizabeth's opened up.

Honestly I don't know. I'm not really on the up and up with the gay scene in B-town and I never was. Haven't lived there in a long time but I do remember hearing about it closing but I couldn't remember the name of the new place. Was mostly funnin' with the OP Figured if he asked around town about Bull's he'd eventually get pointed in the right (or more amusingly, wrong) direction.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    There's not much else I can mention that others haven't already. I will add that Bloomington is a great place to be if you want quick trips to larger cities. It's obviously a fast trip to Indy, but Cincy isn't too far or Louisville for that matter. While it's not a large city, French Lick offers the Resort, which I like to visit for a few hours, especially riding the motorcycle.

Top Bottom