• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    Go to Botach.com. They have five pack OEM Glock mags shipped for $100. Cheaper than used in the classified section. They also have the 33 round mags for $30 each. If you were closer to Mishawaka you could buy them from Midwest Guns for the same price until 12/31/2014.

I would consider a nice light for it and a good holster from Henry Holsters. Then get lost of ammo to shoot cause it's a blast to shoot and way more accurate than those other whimpy brands. :lmfao:

I've looked on the website... do you have a direct link to the 5 pack & the 33 round mag?

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Agree with your insight of GLOCK only mags. I just wasn't sure what a reasonable price for a glock mag would be. When I bought the glock it only came with two mags. So I need to get a few more.

Which site provides the best price one mags?

Thanks!

Where ever you can find them for a good price.
    The good thing about Glocks is that there are mags and stuff every where.
    New mags generally cost about $25. Big retailers will try to get $29.99+
    Used mags are about $15-20.
    Watch the classifieds on here and shop around.

Go to the Indy1500 Gun & Knife show in January. You will find a lot of stuff there.
    Some good prices, some not so good, so get to know the market.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The best accessory is a capable grip-ground interface. I'd venture a guess that once you've spent an appropriate time on that one, you'll know what other accessories you do or do not need.

Shoot the gun (shoot it a lot) and then see what you want to upgrade.

Enjoy your Glock 19!
    I love mine.
    The G19 is the "do it all gun"

Lots of good advice above. My suggestion is to update the sights earlier rather than later if you are planning on going that route, then shoot the thing. Shoot it enough and the gun will tell you what it needs, if anything. Buying sights early gives you more trigger time to get used to them while you figure the rest of the gun out.

jimmythang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    IMG_1552_zps08cb554a.jpg~320x480

64092.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've never had any issue with the slide stop / release on my Glock 19.

I can sling it from slide lock or use my thumb to release with no problem. (Medium to large hands)

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Night sights, tac-light, couple different holsters. At least 3 mags(15rds-Glock factory), cleaning kit. A home lock box, or a mounted one in a vehicle. Read up and buy some hollowpoints 9mm ammo. Thought most guys use a 124gr JHP(my mags have Golden Sabres). Shoot it before re springing anything major. You may like the stock 5.5 lb spring. You can always change to higher one if you desire. Pick up a desk type mat with the mechanical drawing of the G19-showing bits and pieces. May help when you detail strip yours to clean.
    Have fun, Good luck.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Congrats on the G-19. There's a reason it's Glocks most popular model. I tell everyone in my classes that there are 3 things you can buy that will improve your accuracy. Quality firearm (which you already have), Sighting system that you can acquire quickly (three dot sights, Trijicon HDs or a laser, your preference) and a good trigger. The less you disturb your sights when you pull the trigger the more likely you are to hit your target. Of course none of this will help if you don't understand the basics of shooting and spend some time practicing at the range.
    IMHO replacing the slide stop (Glock doesn't refer to it as a slide release because it wasn't designed to release the slide), or things like 33 round mags won't benefit you at all and lights on the rail can cause malfunctions in the pistol. I just talked with a local LEO yesterday at the range that said his G-22 was jamming every shot after installing a light on the rail and when it was removed functioned perfectly. Learn to "slingshot" the slide and it will work no matter what pistol you pick up and the 33 round mag makes it a little difficult to carry or even put in the console of your car.:) If you hit what you are aiming at you can probably get by with the 15 round mag that's in the pistol.
    I wouldn't add anything that didn't serve a useful purpose but if you decide to go the direction below don't be surprised if it doesn't function.:dunno:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Go to Botach.com. They have five pack OEM Glock mags shipped for $100. Cheaper than used in the classified section. They also have the 33 round mags for $30 each. If you were closer to Mishawaka you could buy them from Midwest Guns for the same price until 12/31/2014.

I would consider a nice light for it and a good holster from Henry Holsters. Then get lost of ammo to shoot cause it's a blast to shoot and way more accurate than those other whimpy brands. :lmfao:
    I recommend googling up "Problems with Botach Tactical" and reading some of the reviews. I ordered something from them a while back. I didn't hear anything from them and finally got a human some weeks later. She said something to the effect that the items I ordered were not in stock. Nowhere did their web site give a status and they didn't let me know that. She said she couldn't tell me when the items would be back in stock. I told her to cancel me and have not used them since. See the link.
    http://botach-tactical.pissedconsumer.com/

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Shoot it in OEM configuration first. Odds are good you will shoot low with it, but maybe not. Then add sights and improved trigger. All our 9mm's are set up the same, Warren sights and 3.5lb trigger. That is what we like.

Some affordable holsters to play with and use, leave in or mount in vehicles are Bladetech and Galco tuck and go. I recently bought an IWB from Alien Gear to try and I like it so far.

Top Bottom