New to Indianapolis, looking for someone to deer hunt public land...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Nov 16, 2013
    Greenfield
    I'm a lifelong Indiana resident, buy just recently moved to the east side of Indy. I have deer hunted public land (exclusively)in the southern part of the state, but this year, I spent a LOT of time behind the windshield getting there. I'm looking to meet up with another local or two who would like to get out this spring and summer and do some scouting on public land and hunt this fall. My wife really doesn't like the idea of me going out alone in the woods with no one who knows where I am! A little about me: I'm 36 years old, and I like the challenge of killing mature bucks on public land. I have worked as a guide in the past, so I'm not some greenhorn that gets lost in the woods. I am not a 100% trophy hunter, as I still like to fill the freezer too. Looking to meet up with some folks with similar interests. Please, keep in mind that I go 2-5 miles in, so you're gonna have to be in pretty good shape, physically. I'm not a woods commando, in fact my wife calls me old fashioned - I am 100% to the letter when it comes to the law. Anyone up for the challenge?

lavready

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Columbus, IN
    Hi. I'm new to Indiana altogether. I'm 36 and just relocated back to the Midwest after spending the last 5 years in Colorado and Washington state. I'm a Marine veteran and familiar with firearms however even though I grew up in Michigan, I have never gone properly hunting. Ironically enough, part of my job duties are to "take" wildlife as they come onto our property so I've taken a few coyotes and foxes before. However, I'm looking to learn the art of hunting deer and finding someone who will actually take a new guy out and show him the ropes seems to be a bit tough. I'm in the Columbus area but I would travel a few hours in any direction to hunt/scout etc. Email me if you think you might be up to this challenge! :)

Top Bottom