• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Well impulse buy of the month for me and my son is the Thompson 1927a1. it's "New" ( I can't see any sign it was ever fired). We had to download the manual just to figure out how to lock the bolt open, (we are not inexperience with firearms)

It is an Auto Ordinance and only came with 2 mags, Round and stick,

our Questions are as follows

- Are all Mags the same?
    - Will the Bolt springs loosen up over time or do I need to start PX90 just to shoot this thing
    - What are the manufacture Dates of these Repro's
    - We have one with an insanely low s/n, Should we even be shooting this thing or should it be under glass (were going to shoot it)
    - What neat things do we need to know about this Historically significant Fun Stick

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Leadeye will be along shortly to answer all of your questions. He knows the Thompson intimately.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    They shoot amazingly well, accurate with little felt recoil.

The drum can be a bear to work unless yours came with the "extra finger".

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    An early 27A1, that's been a while for me, early 80s. Check to see how well the feed ramp is polished/machined. Some of the early guns were rough and would not feed anything but hardball. WW2 mags may need a little hole adjusting to fit. Do you have an old or new drum? The old ones have a spiral feed mechanism and work better than the new ones which just go around the outside of the drum. Smooth machine work was an issue with some of these and you may end up dressing some of the sliding surfaces with some fine grit paper. Keep everything clean and lubed well and enjoy.:)

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I’m assuming a semiauto reproduction? Value isn’t really something to be concerned about it, even if it was a papered transferable registered machinegun, just shoot it.

Top Bottom