• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Just bought a Ruger American 30-06 the other day and had a question about the scope I bought with it. I bought a Redfield Revolution 2/7/33. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this scope. I like the fact its basically a Lepold with lifetime warranty. It seemed like a nice scope for the price which was 179.99 + tax. Again, just wondering if anyone has any experience with this scope and how well it will work with this rifle. Thanks in advance.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I had 2 of them, they were decent.
    Should work fine.

My .35 Rem deer rifle for IN wears a 2-7X (Leupold) and if I score the '06 I want, it'll wear one as well.
    Did notice on both of my 2-7X Redfield Revs that the clicks in one direction were pretty close to the increment stated. In the other it was 2X, one scope's almost 3X. They both dialed in fine, so I didn't mind. IIRC the gross incrementing was on the vertical adj (both scopes).

I did also get a 4-12X Revolution and the clicks on it were close to advertised in both vert and horiz.

My annoyances with them were two:

1. the lack of total "blackout" in the tube. Having grown up with such scopes the slight visibility at times of the "other" just irked me.

Not a functional issue.

2. Biggest thing I hated was the red "R" logo.

Top Bottom