• Status
    Not open for further replies.

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    Hello from South Bend! Moved here a few months ago and I'm starting to feel more settled in. Gonna get fingerprinted in a few weeks and hopefully a permit will be issued soon after that. Glad to be here! I'm also active over on 1911addicts under the same username so if you got 1911s, post em!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    And so begins the process of learning which cities and towns are in what part of the state hahah

There is a big difference between different parts of the State, just as it everywhere. Big difference between Butler and Philly in PA; big difference between Bloomington/South Bend/inside 465 Indianapolis/Gary and the rest of the State.

Also differences between folks from the different original area codes: 219/317/812.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    When I moved from Alabama to Elkhart County in 2002 I had to use an old fashion map. At least you have google maps to help you out.

Welcome to INGO :welcome:

Old fashion map? Like the ones you needed a sextant to follow or the kind on cave walls? Maybe we should bring CM in on this :laugh:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Google maps does help! It's almost become a crutch in that I feel less of a need to learn the street names lol

Whats real good is a lot of areas out in the country haven't had 911 for that long (<30 years). A lot of roads weren't named or numbered. Directions went like, "go out past the old so-and-so place, turn left after you pass old mule crossing, then when you get to the old so-and-so corner..." What makes it real interesting is you can be talking about the same area, but old so-and-so who died in 1940 and old so-and-so who died in 1995 had different names.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom