• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Just picked this up Friday at Orion Arms in Jeffersonville. Not part of their big sales, but I wanted it. One helluva impulse buy, right? Haven't had the chance to take it out shooting yet, though. That's the plan for Monday.

Romanian TTC 7.62 x 25 Tokarev

3bdeb1ec.jpg

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    those little puppies pack a nasty punch. we were shooting some steel with one a couple weeks ago. quite surprised at the sound that came back at me.

now ammo just needs to get cheap.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Ive heard about the sound. Heard that it'll attract some attention at the range. Half tempted to get a watermelon just to see what it does to it :)

As far as ammo goes, I was able to pick up 128 rounds for $42 and some change. $5 per 16 rounds. That really sucks :(

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Don't trust the safety. It was not designed to have one and was added later.

Exactly. I hate the fact that they had to install one to import it. It really doesn't need one and it does take away from the cool factor a little bit, but not enough to push me away from it :)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Remove the safety if you want... they're extremely simple pistols. Way fewer peers than even a simple Glock.

They're quite fun, quite loud, and mine was pretty accurate, too. They're thin enough to be unpleasant to shoot, though. They weren't designed for comfort!

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    They're thin enough to be unpleasant to shoot, though. They weren't designed for comfort!

This is exactly what I thought. Just holding it it's really small. I'm used my G19 Gen4 with the biggest backstrap on it. It actually feels like it will want to just slide out of my hands when I finally get a chance to shoot it, too, but that's why I have gloves :)

tricky9914

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    I was thinking about picking one up - any idea on what the best is to buy? I know there are Polish, Russian and Romanian?

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I was thinking about picking one up - any idea on what the best is to buy? I know there are Polish, Russian and Romanian?

Good luck finding a Russian here in 'Merica. Out of the three you listed, the Polish one is probably gonna look the nicest. The Romanian will be cheaper and a little more crude looking but functional.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yugo and Romanian are probably most common...Romanian probably more so.

Norinco examples are around, too. I had a Romanian in the Took cartridge and a Norinco in 9x19.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    I recently got the Yugo M57 myself. Fun gun as I told you when you got it Shep. I look forward to hearing back from you when you have a chance to try it out.

To give my opinion Tricky the best one out are the Yugo M57's but any of them are good for what they are. The reason I think the Yugo is the best is the fact that the grip is slightly longer allowing for a 9 round mag versus 8 round in a standard Tok pistol. Also when importation required safeties to be on the guns, they were refitted in a factory with the correct parts according to the John M Browning original design for the 1911. Just my :twocents:

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I recently got the Yugo M57 myself. Fun gun as I told you when you got it Shep. I look forward to hearing back from you when you have a chance to try it out.

To give my opinion Tricky the best one out are the Yugo M57's but any of them are good for what they are. The reason I think the Yugo is the best is the fact that the grip is slightly longer allowing for a 9 round mag versus 8 round in a standard Tok pistol. Also when importation required safeties to be on the guns, they were refitted in a factory with the correct parts according to the John M Browning original design for the 1911. Just my :twocents:

Love my M57 as well. accurate enough and it comfortable to me and the wife, who did not want me to get it, and now does not want me to EVER get rid of it.

Top Bottom