• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Recently acquired this little guy for getting my feet wet in F-Class. Need to get something figured out for the stock to ride a sandbag, but I have some leads. Friend of mine may be able to make/modify a piece of delrin to make it work. I may end up getting a new stock for it eventually, but for now I just want it to be serviceable so I can start shooting.

Let the fun begin!

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Still need to get a scope for it and figure out the bag rider piece although we can play with it without that part.

Oh, and get everything I need to reload it since its my first 308 rifle, haha.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    i need to get set up for loading .308 also.
    what's the skinny on f-class rules? is it like the open of the high-power world? anything goes? like could I tag along w/ my .308 AR even if it's not the most competitive thing on the line?
    -rvb

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    i need to get set up for loading .308 also.
    what's the skinny on f-class rules? is it like the open of the high-power world? anything goes? like could I tag along w/ my .308 AR even if it's not the most competitive thing on the line?
    -rvb

Its a part of high power, smaller targets because of the aid of a front support and scopes. Two divisions, F/TR which is .223 or .308 from a bipod and Open which is just about anything up to a .35caliber and you can use a mechanical front rest (arms race to say the least) and heavier weight limits on guns. I'm planning on shooting F/TR this year

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Its a part of high power, smaller targets because of the aid of a front support and scopes. Two divisions, F/TR which is .223 or .308 from a bipod and Open which is just about anything up to a .35caliber and you can use a mechanical front rest (arms race to say the least) and heavier weight limits on guns. I'm planning on shooting F/TR this year

oh, IC. so it's just another division shot along side the service rifles? Or are they separate matches? do let me know when you guys head to a match. I've been saying for years I want to get to a HP match and the summers keep slipping by...

-rvb

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think some places shoot f-class by themselves if there is enough demand, but doubtful anywhere around here. Usually side by side with the sling shooters and they just adjust the target in the pits when its time for the the fclass guys to shoot. I've been to a couple in the past but its been a couple years.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Nice Rifle Cory. Been Dreaming of a 300 WSSM for a while. Now if I could only get more of you guys to buy cars from me, then it may be possible.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    What is the twist on your new rifle? It looks like a Palma taper 1X13....

One little tip on your reloads for long range, load for the best speed not the smallest group.

In our club prone matches, all the guys with F-class rifles shoot on one side of the line. It is a good way to warm up to your rifle on a little target at 300 yards.

Last edited:

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What is the twist on your new rifle? It looks like a Palma taper 1X13....

One little tip on your reloads for long range, load for the best speed not the smallest group.

In our club prone matches, all the guys with F-class rifles shoot on one side of the line. It is a good way to warm up to your rifle on a little target at 300 yards.

Good eye! It is a medium Palma taper 1:13". Planning to use the Berger 155.5s this year. I'll definitely be wanting to shoot some of the FW matches, even if its not for score. I'm gonna need plenty of practice :)

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    For 1000 yards, you will want 2950FPS. I just looked on the schedule and we don't have any prone matches until October...! I would be glad to meet you on the range and pull targets for you.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How are there not matches til Oct? That's crazy! May have to take you up on the target pulling. Co-worker and I are getting into the F-Class game together as well as Matt (Midget). Maybe we should all try to get out there some day :)

Top Bottom