• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I picked up a '04 Suzuki Z400 and it needs a new clutch. Seems pretty simple to do. My question to you quad guys; who has the best prices online? Also, I found a Tusk clutch kit on ebay for $45. Tusk is pretty good right?

rdbs505

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    I've used motorcycle superstore for lots of my offroad purchases, they seem to have the cheapest prices on certain things compared to others. Not sure on clutch parts specifically but you can check them out.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I bought most everything I needed from Rockymountain. When I did clutches for my bike I usually bought factory fibers and steels from the dealer. I also bought my basket and pressure plate from the dealer. They were cheap so it was no big deal.

If I were you I would get a manual if you don't already have one. Sometimes easy jobs are a little more envolved than it appears. Clutches are easy but they require that everything is checked or they won't last long. Be sure to look at the fingers of the clutch basket. They get jagged from the plates hitting them. Then they hang-up on the jaggedness and do not work properly.

New fiber plates ususally should be marinated in oil before installation.

I was never really a quad guy - but I did have one. I rode bikes - YZ250F and YZ250.

Top Bottom