• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dchiu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Hey everybody, im looking for a new watch. My current one still tells me the time but my second hand fell off... Any good tactical watches out there that are good quality?

swat1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Martinsville
    I have had a number of Casio watches over the years, including two DW6600s, two Casio Pathfinders, a Casio Marine Gear, and I have ordered a GD100-1B from LA Police Gear. All of these watches have been of excellent quality, and reasonably priced.

dchiu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I looked through some of the casio watches, some seem pretty cool. They look kinda techy tho. I want something that will hit a brick wall and last. Something with a little more metal maybe.... I'll keep looking.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    Timex ironman series. I have destroyed many watches and the ironman by Timex has taken a licken but keeps on tickin. It has survived many fires ( firefighter) and I beat the hell out of it working on cars and such but it just won't die.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    tactical watch? I guess a g-shock is as close as you can get.

What's your budget? If you are looking for a real timepiece, check out Omega watches. Reputation of being quality of Rolex for 1/2 the price. I don't have one, but have always thought they were cool. James Bond always rolled Omegas and Omega was the first watch on the moon. That's pretty cool, IMHO.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I'm rough on watches as well. One day at work I noticed I had chipped the crystal on my most recent one, an Orient Mako (I think that's the model). So I've set it aside and just use my Timex Ironman. If I ever manage to kill it, I'll probably just replace with a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Casio-DW5600E-1V-G-Shock-Classic-Digital/dp/B000GAYQKY/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1359294066&sr=8-8&keywords=casio+g+shock"]G Shock[/ame]. These digital watches really can take a beating. Certainly more than a metal watch of the same price.

I'd like a 1978 Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, but I'm not at a place in my life where I can drop that much on a watch.. 1978 Omega Speedmaster 861 Moon Watch Chronograph Box & Papers | eBay

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I'd take a look at the Citizen Eco-Drive series. I've worn one for a few years now, and doubt if I ever will have to buy another watch. Built like a tank, and you'll never need to jack with batteries.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I like the Ironman watches, but recently purchased a Citizen Eco Drive. Solar powered so you never have to change batteries. 40 minutes of direct sunlight charges it to run for 6 months.

I really like it. $86 on Amazon. Plus a dial watch can be used as a compass if need be.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I bought a eco-drive a few yrs back. I like it a lot, its the only watch I own now. Im not extremely hard on it, I dont wear it every single day, but it seems pretty tough to me. All metal, a little on the heavy side but built strong.

dchiu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I really like the Citizen Eco Drive Collection, that might have to be my next watch! So many to choose from. Would the solar power just be powered by sunlight or can it also be powered by artificial sunlight... just wondering...

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I wear a Casio G-Shock on weekends and during the week it's one of my 14 Invicta watches. The Casio has been trouble-free and was around $80. The Invicta's I have range from $50 to around $200. I buy them from Invicta Shark (a deal of the day kind of site) and they upgrade the warranty to 5 years.

SharkStores - Watches

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I really like the Citizen Eco Drive Collection, that might have to be my next watch! So many to choose from. Would the solar power just be powered by sunlight or can it also be powered by artificial sunlight... just wondering...
    It'll use any lighting. When I first got mine, I took it to work and let it sit under the light in my cubicle all day.
    Going forward, I don't do anything special to keep it charged - it gets what it needs from me just doing my daily routine.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    It'll use any lighting. When I first got mine, I took it to work and let it sit under the light in my cubicle all day.
    Going forward, I don't do anything special to keep it charged - it gets what it needs from me just doing my daily routine.

+1

I keep mine in a sock drawer. Take it out and put it on, within 2 mins or as soon as it gets any kind of light the hands wind around and get back to the correct time. The light charges some kind of internal battery, the hands and second hand shut down when its in the dark for several days, ive never had a problem with them shutting off overnight.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I wear a Casio G-Shock on weekends and during the week it's one of my 14 Invicta watches. The Casio has been trouble-free and was around $80. The Invicta's I have range from $50 to around $200. I buy them from Invicta Shark (a deal of the day kind of site) and they upgrade the warranty to 5 years.

SharkStores - Watches

Why'd you have to link that?? :): They're selling a green lefty chronograph that looks great to my eyes. So tempted to buy it, but I think the "good part" of my brain is going to make me hold off. ;)

My Ironman is solar powered and I don't have to do anything special to charge it.

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    I like my citizen Eco drive, but I am certain it is not tactical. My Seiko Monster might be tactical, it is a divers watch with enough steel to stop a bullet. Plus it is a mechanical watch which makes it cooler than all that battery powered junk.

Top Bottom