• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Does anyone know what happened to Don or Fred,the RO's at Wilbur Wright? The last 2 times there was an RO from Atterbury in attendance. The first time 3 weeks(?) ago this man told me he got a call to go to WW that morning.:rolleyes: Doesn't sound good to me,Don and Fred were ALWAYS there, and all of a sudden, DNR has to call someone else:dunno:. Anyone know what's up? Did I just go there when the other 2 were off?

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    The new guy was there the past two times I went as well. I just got back from there about an hour ago. The guy is really uptight. I'd like to see Don and Fred back.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    One only has to ponder what putting up with a bunch of INGOers (specifically RogerB, BloodE, ATF_C) can do to a person!!!

:) :) :)

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    One only has to ponder what putting up with a bunch of INGOers (specifically RogerB, BloodE, ATF_C) can do to a person!!!

:) :) :)

Well Zombies have a way of following us around so maybe....

I haven't been to WW in quite awhile due to crazy work hours of late.
    Hope to get out there soon. Some people complained about Fred and Don, but I never had a problem with either of them and always entered into conversations with them. Hope all is well.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I have been to the Wilbur Wright range three times and have never seen an RO. Usually it's just my small group along with a few other shooters and we decide amongst ourselves when to call the range cold to check targets. Is it only on weekends maybe?

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    somebody say Zombies?????

Yeah a couple weeks back ATF and I showed up there around 9 or 10am on a weekend and the gates were closed. Not a soul around, but the range flags and stars and bars were flying.

The guy from Atterbury finally arrived and open it up for us. All he would say is that something happened and that he was called to come run the range. I didn't think he meant permanently, but who knows.

I'm off the rest of the week, might have to head up there and keep those central Indiana Zombie hordes in check! :D

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    actually sounds a bit more involved/serious/permanent than I had at first read-into this.

So, hope everything is okay. Especially no budget cut-backs in this area.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    On Saturday, the new RO asked if we'd been here before... we said yes, many times...he still gave us the rules lecture.
    I think he was a little uptight because the range was somewhat crowded & he was trying to keep track of everything. He only yelled at us for cutting loose a volley of rapid fire.:rolleyes:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Well the new guy got on me a few times while I was at the 25 yard area because I had my Glock holstered :n00b:
    At first I thought it was because the line was cold and it was an Atterbury rule that all weapons had to be out on the table, but later he came back and got on me about having it holstered again while the line was hot :dunno:.
    I didn't question him, just complied with his order.
    I'm surprised he didn't get on me again as I was leaving for having it holstered :):
    He was a nice guy, just trying to enforce the rules as he knows them.
    He actually did apologize to me as I was leaving for getting on me harshly, so I said it was not a problem and that safety is priority. I told him that as soon as I arrived on the line, I noticed a fellow shooter at the table next to me had his AK pointing to the left, right at me and had asked him to please point it down range. He told me sorry and that it wasn't loaded. I told him that I didn't know that.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Don and Fred,we'll miss you

Fred and Don are no longer employed by the DNR. The DNR is in the process of hireing new RSO's.

I hope to see you guys again some day. You men did a good job(all by themselves,DNR)keeping Wilbur Wright as safe as one man at a time could. Thank you for making WW range BETTER than it was. Thank you for putting up with jerks who won't follow rules and educating them. I remember one tough looking man telling Don to shove the rules....:rolleyes:.Don told him to follow them or leave, he followed the rules!:yesway: Don YOU HAD FRIENDS TO BACK YOU UP,I HOPE YOU KNEW THAT! Good luck, gentlemen, another Fred.:ingo:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    :+1:

I hope to see you guys again some day. You men did a good job(all by themselves,DNR)keeping Wilbur Wright as safe as one man at a time could. Thank you for making WW range BETTER than it was. Thank you for putting up with jerks who won't follow rules and educating them. I remember one tough looking man telling Don to shove the rules....:rolleyes:.Don told him to follow them or leave, he followed the rules!:yesway: Don YOU HAD FRIENDS TO BACK YOU UP,I HOPE YOU KNEW THAT! Good luck, gentlemen, another Fred.:ingo:

Top Bottom