• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I think the .38 super is falling out of favor, even with the Open shooters, as many have moved over to loading long, hot 9mm because 9mm brass is more available these days.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Despite what many folks say, more gun are kept in home for HD than are carried. Having a handgun with a longer sight radius is a boon to most casual shooters, allowing them to achieve greater accuracy. The additional barrel length will also help to reduce recoil and increase velocity. Introducing the gun in 9mm makes sense as well, it is still the most popular semi auto caliber out there today. I am sure the other calibers will follow in time.

I am sure the competition guys will like the gun as well, nothing wrong with a factory 20 round 9mm with the additional sight radius for stock classes.

As much as I like the .38 Super, the 9X23 has a slight edge in reliability thanks to it's straight wall case. However a gun chambered in either would have a much more narrow market than the 9X19.

Agreed. :yesway:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    meh.... not excited
    I am. For reasons below.
    which was following along the Glock 34/35 series of guns that still dominate the competition scene in Production Divisions.

This actually IS a good thing from Springfield.

The XD Tactical was their previous standard for competition guns, the XDm should have been like this in the first place. The XDm was good for carry, but missed the mark when it came to a competition gun because it was too short.

Sound like they are finally doing what they should have.

After seeing a few 34s and 35 at GSSf this weekend and knowing Carver makes some nice additions for the XD/XDm line I want. Realistic for me? No. But still want.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I was hoping for a 10mm or a single stack 45. This is cool too. I've been thinking of getting a 9mm XDm for a range gun. Maybe I'll wait for this thing to come out.

However, I want a XDm10.:soapbox:

ETA: I'm not done ranting yet. Every one has been asking for a single stack or a 10mm. Every time SA starts promoting a new gun XDtalk goes crazy hoping it's one of those two things. Springfield, why don't you listen to your customers?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom