• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

This would not make for a happy Christmas day.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

This would not make for a happy Christmas day.
    Just a simple typo, right?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think it scared a lot of people at least for an hour until they got the text saying it was sent in error.
    It was a joke. Exactly how do you mix up those two messages? Its a static message. Or it should be. Did somebody try to get cute and reference the wrong SQL table?

Its not worthy of a mail-merge type message. Or at least it shouldnt be. I kinda wonder if somebody tried to show how smart they are by making it more complex than necessary?

yotehunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 2, 2021
    Not Iraq
    Ouch. Which towing service?? Howard's is the cheapest in the area for future reference.
    Yeah. Was a bummer. Nice people, small business that my roadside called. Ended up being a converted rv with ramps and a winch.

Going to call AAMCO in the morning. Think my torque converter died. Hope it didnt shell out the rest of my 6l80e.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Yeah. Was a bummer. Nice people, small business that my roadside called. Ended up being a converted rv with ramps and a winch.

Going to call AAMCO in the morning. Think my torque converter died. Hope it didnt shell out the rest of my 6l80e.
    I'm not sure who that would be. Howard's is the junk yard near Hamlet/Grovertown. They have several wreckers and tow literally anything. I had to have them pick me up with the rollback one night after work when my suburban wouldn't start. Called them at dinner time, and Howard showed up within 20 minutes. Loaded me up and brought me and the truck home...rolled it off right into it's spot in the garage for $70. He has pulled my daughter out of the ditch a few times...$30. We always give him $50 cause it's worth it to have him take care of it on icy days when it isn't worth risking our life to try to pull her out with one of our trucks. I keep their number in my phone.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

Side note: advertising works. As I was reading your post, I automatically read, “Double A *honk honk* MCO” :ugh:

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    With the Holidays behind us, I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving. As you know, some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time, sometimes on the way home after a "social session" with family or friends. Well, New Years Eve this happened to me. I was out with friends and had more than several beers followed by a couple of bottles of rather nice red wine and Bourbon shots. Although relaxed, I still had the common sense to know I was slightly over the limit. That's when I did something I've never done before - I took a taxi home. Sure enough on the way there was a police roadblock, but since it was a taxi they waved it past and I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise to me, because I had never driven a taxi before. I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it. So, anyway, if you want to borrow it give me a call. Happy New Year and be safe out there.

Top Bottom