• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Drove down to Indy this morning to have breakfast at Steak and Shake and to meet bowhunter 1978 to pick up my newest old school gun. This Iver Johnson SuperShot Sealed Eight is a second model made post war, likely in 48 or 49. The Sealed Eight was a design change made when the new high velocity smokeless rounds came into vogue. Basically it means the chambers a recessed to prevent cases from rupturing. This is a 6 inch barrel, break top, eight shot SA/DA revolver. The double action is about what you would expect...rough but the SA is very nice. The gun locks up very tight and the extractor has great snap. The grip is very similar to a Colt bisley and the checkering on the backstrap nice and sharp. The wood is walnut with some nice figure to it.

I have been watching for a nice breaktop 22, either Iver Johnson or H&R ever since I realized this summer I no longer owned a single 22 handgun. Hopefully will get out to the range in the next few days to sight it in.

now the pics...

iver2.jpg

iver3.jpg

iver5.jpg

iver4.jpg

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    Very cool. I've always loved breaktops, just great guns to mess around with. Nothing is more fun than an afternoon with a .22 revolver.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    The more I play with this the more I like it. Onr thing is becoming obvious tho...I will have to open up the rear sight slightly as there is virtually zero daylight on either side of the front sight blade when the sights are lined up. Also a drop of red on the front would be nice as well.

I am also really hoping HKS will do a speedloader for the new 8 shot S&W 22's so I can get some that should fit this guns as well, the cylinder diameter is close enough I think they would work but till then I am getting some of the excellent Tuff Product quick strips to hold spare ammo.

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    Detonics - That's a lovely little pistol. I have the same gun, and am looking for some insight from a current owner. I don't have a high enough post count, so I can't PM you. Would you mind PM'ing me your e-mail address so I can ask a few specific questions? THanks!

Top Bottom