New York following Naw'lins lead on jails and disasters.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    If these are such horrible people that they arent worth being evacuated, why are we spending our tax dollars keeping them alive/in prison(s)?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Read a similar story earlier. It's sad, because most of the people there are non violent offenders. They should just be released and told to show up for their court date. The only reason many are there was that bails were set too high and they can't afford the fee. If anything does happen to these people I hope the powers that be fry.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Heres the thing would you really want to boardcast to the public and the criminals family that they are being moved and this is the path they will be taking. It would seem smart to say no evacuation plans but still move them so no break out attempts are made.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Read a similar story earlier. It's sad, because most of the people there are non violent offenders. They should just be released and told to show up for their court date. The only reason many are there was that bails were set too high and they can't afford the fee. If anything does happen to these people I hope the powers that be fry.

For some reason i was thinking of Rikers as a prison for the lowest of the low. I mean, its on an island, why would you build a prison so isolated for non violent criminals?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    For some reason i was thinking of Rikers as a prison for the lowest of the low. I mean, its on an island, why would you build a prison so isolated for non violent criminals?
    As I recall, the real badasses get sent upstate to the penitentiaries. Rykers holds a lot of people that are waiting for trial and just can't afford bail. No doubt they've got some violent felons there, but they have loads of folks there on non violent crimes.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    No, I just don't like tax dollars going to feed or house criminals.

Did you miss the part of the conversation where these are non-violent offenders and/or people who couldn't make bail (i.e. not yet guilty)?

Seriously, if you want to get into a conversation about the justice system, specifically the prison system, we can. But this is so far removed from that right now.

Top Bottom