• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Elkhart, IN
    I read an article this morning about the 3 states wanting to enact stricter gun laws. The 3 states were: California, Illinois, and New York. The New York law that got me was the suggested limit on ammo purchases. If I gave this group a 100 guesses you wouldn't have come up with what they feel is excessive ammo to purchase. They are going to suggest a law next year that will limit ammo purchases in New York to only 500 rounds a month! Yes people that isn't a day, or a week, but a month. This was all do to the shooting in Colorado. They said he had over 6000 rounds of ammo and that was excessive. California wants to make every person buying over 100 rounds to have to file a report with the local police. I just can't imagine how anyone could suggest such things due to the actions of one sick individual.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Guess them folks in NY best start re-loading then. ;)

But no suprise on the number amount. It's an arbitutary number that WE (the people) have allowed the .gov impose on us. Same concept with the NFA stuff. Why is 18'+ barrels on shotguns OK but 17.5" not? :dunno:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes. It is just more efforts to take away our firearms. If they can make getting ammo difficult to get then in time that'll make our guns useless.

If these laws get passed, the next step will be reloading equipment and supplies.

Why don't we get Romney and Ryan to add to their platform a proposal that'll kick NY, IL and CA out of our Country?

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    Libtards plague those states. I do not beleive this would spread very far across the country into more conservative states. I think there is enough backing here in Indiana to oppose something like that being passed that it would spell doom for the demos or whoever proposes or passes the law.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Big surprise, Carolyn McCarthy's in on this one. That broad is a single issue representative if ever there was one. She got elected on a wave of pity after Colin Ferguson killed her husband and shot her son on a commuter train from Manhattan. You ask her about firearms, and she'll spew from the mouth like a bustd sewer line with nonsense and misinformation. Ask her about ANYTHING ELSE and she'll stare like a deer in headlights and say "I'll have to read the bill and consult with my colleagues." She's a disgrace who should never have been elected, let alone still be seated.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Big surprise, Carolyn McCarthy's in on this one. That broad is a single issue representative if ever there was one. She got elected on a wave of pity after Colin Ferguson killed her husband and shot her son on a commuter train from Manhattan. You ask her about firearms, and she'll spew from the mouth like a bustd sewer line with nonsense and misinformation. Ask her about ANYTHING ELSE and she'll stare like a deer in headlights and say "I'll have to read the bill and consult with my colleagues." She's a disgrace who should never have been elected, let alone still be seated.

She is braindead, she can't help it. Apparently at least 50% of her constituents are braindead too. It's funny because you claim that she is a single issue representative (I agree), and yet she knows nothing about that one issue. It is mindboggling to think that somebody as stupid as her is continually elected.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    She is braindead, she can't help it. Apparently at least 50% of her constituents are braindead too. It's funny because you claim that she is a single issue representative (I agree), and yet she knows nothing about that one issue. It is mindboggling to think that somebody as stupid as her is continually elected.

From her perspective she knows plenty as her actual issue is the hatred of firearms which requires absolutely no factual knowledge.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY

From her perspective she knows plenty as her actual issue is the hatred of firearms which requires absolutely no factual knowledge.

You're both exactly right. She's from Rockville Center/Mineola, which ironically is a fairly affluent little incorporated city surrounded by a bunch of regular-joe, working class neighborhoods. But she's "a local", even if she has exactly nothing in common with the majority of her constituents. She really is the archetypal Democrat..Rich as Croesus, hypocritical panderer to the poor, and just generally counting on the un and underinformed to keep her in office because she A) is local and B) "brings home the bacon.

And yeah, she's also the typical anti-gun crusader. She knows eff-all about guns except that a lunatic got a hold of one and killed people. She probably wouldn't know the difference between a 1911 and a 92F if they were still in the box.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And yeah, she's also the typical anti-gun crusader. She knows eff-all about guns except that a lunatic got a hold of one and killed people. She probably wouldn't know the difference between a 1911 and a 92F if they were still in the box.

No, but I'll bet she would want to make possession of the box without a license a felony!

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    As far as I'm concerned, I would push NY, CA, and IL to keep pursuing all the gun control they wished.

People don't only vote at the polls, but also vote with their feet.

BCCS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Welcome to the slippery slope...If the guy in Aurora had an excessive 600 rounds of ammo then how much better would it have been if he only had 500 rounds. Maybe if he could only purchase 50 rounds that would have been ok, but killing 50 people is still a lot so then we should just ban ammo all together, then he wouldn't have been able to kill anyone...I see where they are trying to go with this.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    No, but I'll bet she would want to make possession of the box without a license a felony!

NYS actually incorporated the EXACT language of the 1994 ban into codified state law. They did that because of the sunset provision. NYS considers blackpowder guns to be firearms. You must have a valid pistol permit to possess an 1858 Army/Navy replica by Uberti or Pietta for example. Possession of one without a permit constitutes either a class E felony, or class A Misdemeanor, depending upon circumstances. Say I was to buy one, I would be charged with criminal possession of a weapon, AND be FIP. This place is insane.

I mentioned a while back in a different thread, the lengths to which they are going to deny permits, especially after Heller and MacDonald. A friend of mine was recently denied because he forgot to list a citation for an open alcohol container from like 1996. He was applying for a simple premise permit. And yes, that is exactly what it sounds like. You need a license to simply own a handgun and keep it at your house or place of business. And the address of where the firearm is to be located is on the license. Premise permit for your jewelry shop, but you have it at home? Congratulations, you're a criminal.

I say again Charlie Romeo Alpha Zulu Yankee.

EDIT: I guess recently isn't accurate, it was several months ago.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Let's assume for the sake of argument, that the reason for the newly proposed laws is "increased safety," or "to reduce crime." (These aren't the real reasons, but let's assume they are.)

If, as history and the examples of other states/countries show us, COMPLETE BANS are incapable of accomplishing the above objectives, then more laws, short of complete bans are also incapable of accomplishing the above objectives.

Ergo, additional laws are either nonsense, or the purported reasons for proposing the new laws are false.

Any error in the logic here?

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    That's politics for you. Your right though, I hate that woman too.:noway:

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center

Yes Sir, she's something else, a real one trick pony.

I'll post this classic for the few that might not have seen it. I love the way Tucker won't let it go:thumbsup:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U[/ame]

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    She doesn't know what a barrel shroud is even though she wants to ban them. She makes a fine argument for a mandatory mouth shroud!

Top Bottom