New York prosecutors not allowed to carry, or even own.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    While I have to admit taking a perverse amusement for the 'special ones' being on teh receiving end for once, this is not defensible in any way. To round out the comparison between reasonable restrictions on the First and Second Amendments, the limits on campaigning by public officials and possession of a handgun in particular, with the roles reversed, the analog to the campaigning restriction would be the requirement to refrain from unjustly shooting people or perhaps prohibiting carry on the job. Putting the shoe on the other foot, this handgun restriction is analogous with prohibiting a person from having an opinion, as opposed to prohibiting the expression of it under certain circumstances.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Sure sounds like "infringed" to me. I vote "not cool". Of course, this is New York - a shining example of "Democracy". Murica.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

This has been the policy of the Nassau County DA's office for years, if not decades. I wonder what brought it up again now?

A few years ago, prior to the Heller decision, I ran across the Nassau County DA's website, and it had an employment application for assistant DAs on it. It asked of the applicant owned or had ever owned handguns, or had or ever had a license to carry from any state. It also made clear that employees of the office could not own handguns.

I checked the application again shortly after the Heller decision, and all that language had disappeared from the application. I figured they they had decided that since the SCOTUS said (in both majority and minority opinions) the 2A is an individual right, and the decision said handgun in the home was okeydokey, then they couldn't very well ban ownership as a condition of employment.

Sounds like they backed off on that, and/or decided to push back against the 2A. For shame.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I just don't get it. What's the point of all this? Do these fools sit at home and think of ways to stop even just a few people from owning a firearm? What a waste of time. These people need a hobby.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Always follow the money. Especially in NY.

I would hazzard a guess that now they will have to PAY body guards/security firms for their protection. Security firms pad the pockets of the lawmakers.

Now they will say "You (the general public) don't need a gun, our employees can't have any either. If you feel the need for protection, call ABC security firm."

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Sadly, there is not a new, undiscovered continent normal people like me can sail away to and start a new, right-thinking country - you know, where there is a Constitution and it's the highest law of the land. And, space travel isn't viable yet. I'm stuck here with these un-American disgusting puke excuses for human beings. Nonsense like this really, really, really makes me mad!

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I just don't get it. What's the point of all this? Do these fools sit at home and think of ways to stop even just a few people from owning a firearm? What a waste of time. These people need a hobby.

It's an emotional thing, it's at the core of their identities.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What goes around comes around! Total BS, but there is a part of me that wants to yell, "Way to hook your wagon to the wrong horse, *****ES!!"

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Yeah, if they don't wish to comply with requirements of the job, they should just quit and seek employement somewhere else.
    Maybe if they all quit to make a point. But I'm sure they aren't all opposed to this, there couldn't be that many conservatives on Long Island who got that far up.

In most situations, I'd tend to agree with you on this. But this is different. This is akin to your employer telling you that you can't believe in God rather than telling you that you can't hold Bible study at work.

Last edited:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The DA must be a really committed anti-gun bigot or just really stupid to jerk around a bunch of LAWYERS like this!:laugh:

Top Bottom