• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    At the end of the article they state the DOJ has found over the last 20 years that programs targeting bad people/places is more effective than targeting a gun... so guns don't kill people, people kill people after all?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    At the end of the article they state the DOJ has found over the last 20 years that programs targeting bad people/places is more effective than targeting a gun... so guns don't kill people, people kill people after all?

:faint: Too bad the DOJ has been replaced by the DOI. Department of Injustice.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Mr. Landrieu and Mayor Michael A. Nutter of Philadelphia are founders of Cities United, a network of mayors trying to prevent the deaths of young black men. “This is not just a gun issue, this is an unemployment issue, it’s a poverty issue, it’s a family issue, it’s a culture of violence issue,” Mr. Landrieu said.

And for people that believe as I do...ah screw it. We can't talk about it here anyway.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    It's a good article, but I can't help but feel that the next assault by gun control groups will be hand guns. The article itself seemed to give a line of argument for them; "In 2008, the Supreme Court said there was a constitutional right to keep a loaded handgun at home for self-defense". No mention of public carry, whether CC or OC

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    It's a good article, but I can't help but feel that the next assault by gun control groups will be hand guns. The article itself seemed to give a line of argument for them; "In 2008, the Supreme Court said there was a constitutional right to keep a loaded handgun at home for self-defense". No mention of public carry, whether CC or OC

Yes. I noticed the left out any decisions that say the RTKBA extends beyond the home. They may well try to target handguns, but there are already decisions that have come out, which i would hope would make banning them near impossible.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Goodness Gracious Almighty, the NYT published that? What is the world coming to?

I notice it was published on Friday, the day for publishing news you don't want anyone to see, like the IRS losing another bunch of hard drives...

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    :faint: Too bad the DOJ has been replaced by the DOI. Department of Injustice.
    It is depressing, since it appears the whole executive branch is corrupt to the very core. Hard to see how justice can be done when the same ones being investigated are doing the investigations, or report to the ones being investigated.

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Goodness Gracious Almighty, the NYT published that? What is the world coming to?

I notice it was published on Friday, the day for publishing news you don't want anyone to see, like the IRS losing another bunch of hard drives...

I had the same thoughts. Almost shocking to see them take this viewpoint, but if they are going to not surprising it would be published on a Friday.

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Yes. I noticed the left out any decisions that say the RTKBA extends beyond the home. They may well try to target handguns, but there are already decisions that have come out, which i would hope would make banning them near impossible.
    Don't get me wrong, the NYT publishing this is a step in the right direction. However given the gun control's well documented distortion of facts, changing focus. and lies by omissions I am still very much cautious

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Don't get me wrong, the NYT publishing this is a step in the right direction. However given the gun control's well documented distortion of facts, changing focus. and lies by omissions I am still very much cautious

Me too, but good to see none the less. :)

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Good references Kirk.

Having spent a good amount of time in charity work, I became frustrated with the effort level for very little results. Two books, that were written by people who have spent their entire lives in poor assistance have changed my point of view and I believe they are valid.

TOXIC CHARITY by Robert Lupton and WHEN HELPING HURTS by Fikkert and Corbet.

The media keeps talking "Gun Violence" but my guns are not violent. Growing up in the Calumet Region I did know lots of people that are violent. Engaging that truth will be othe only way to solve the problem. Throwing taxpayer money at the problem has not worked since we started that method.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

The Media is still setting up for that one. On last nights news the reporter was speaking about teen suicides and reported that XXX amount were killed by guns, instead of XXX amount used a gun to commit suicide. Word smithing is an art to tell a supposed fact, but to convey a different meaning.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

I would absolutely bet on it. All of the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s were about controlling and banning handguns, from the assassination of RFK, to John Lennon's death, to the Hinckley attack on Reagan/Brady. Morton Grove Illinois' high-profile handgun ban, all over the newspapers of the time...and does anybody remember that before the Violence Prevention Gang had the "Brady Coalition," it used to be called the "National Coalition to Ban Handguns?"

Banning handguns is what is has ALWAYS been about. And don't think those anti-gunners are happy about seeing all those CC/OC carriers out there!

Top Bottom